1.    #1  
    Here's my first annoying issue with the Pre and the

After seeing that Castle Magic was on sale for $0.99, I decided to download it right away. The download froze about 20% of the way and the phone reset itself. Upon reboot, the Pre said that it was no longer signed into my Palm Profile. It said that files were still stored to the USB drive and asked if I wanted to erase those or to restart it. After the 2nd reboot, I was prompted to sign into my Palm Profile and once I did, I saw that my phone was back to factory settings.

What the hell? How or why would my phone do this for wanting to download another app?

Fortunately, Synergy had been backing up my information daily so I didn't lose any of my contacts and memos. Resyncing Google brought back my emails and calendars. Since the USB drive wasn't wiped, all of my documents/downloads/pictures/music were still in tact. It took about an hour to download and reinstall all of my App Catalog apps.

The only things that weren't restored were homebrew apps and texts. Homebrew stuff I'm not too worried about since I can get those back, and I can live without my text history.

Although it was rather annoying that this even happened, I'm relieved that I was able to seemlessly retrive 99% of the information that was on the phone. Now that I've experienced this first hand, I'm no longer worried about anything happening to my phone as all of the information will be easily retrievable. Go Palm!
    This happened to me about a month ago. I talked to Palm over their live e-chat, they said all they could do was nothing.
  3.    #3  
    Haha, that was all they could do?