Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    For me, if the phone doesn't fit in my front pocket of my jeans, then I don't want it. If I want something big, i'll buy a netbook. To me, even the iphone is a tad too big.
    What do you wear, skinny jeans?
    I don't think that was a blue cover but instead some fancy photo-shop trick (i think) if you look closer you can see an image of the pre speaker and the center button in the gesture area, I'm assuming he probably did it just to show the difference with out restricting the view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I don't think that was a blue cover but instead some fancy photo-shop trick (i think) if you look closer you can see an image of the pre speaker and the center button in the gesture area, I'm assuming he probably did it just to show the difference with out restricting the view.
    That was my point, thank you.. Its just to show an overlap to relatively compare the size of the Pre over layed on the HD2
    Let me add here to my original post on the first page of this thread, regarding the size:

Its much bigger than the Pre, no doubt, but is it "too" big?

Well, no, not from what I am seeing from my daughter (who is a petite framed 5'6" teenager). She came from a Sidekick LX.. not much of a jump in overall size from that (the screen, though is like 2x as large, which is incredible).

One thing that those of you calling it a "brick" are missing: its incredibly thin. Like a pencil. Seriously.

That makes holding it feel like holding a piece of dense material, and, to me, and her, it feels great.

The larger screen is built almost to the edge of the frame - very efficient, so as not to oversize it unecessarily, but a 4.3" diagnal touch screen is incredible to play games on (larger screen + accelerometer is really amazing - Pay Attention, PALM!), browse the web with, type with the onboard keyboard with, and to watch movies with.

My daugher tells me her friends remark first "that is HUGE" and then they hold it, and start playing with it, and won't give it back...

She's entering college this fall.. this has MS Office Mobile on it.. no need for a laptop now..

(BTW, I did show her the Pre, and she liked it, but it was too small and didn't have a landscape hardware keyboard, so, she opted for the HD2, which obviously doesnt have any physical keyboard, but the screen was so big, that the rotatable onscreen keyboard became an easy transition for her to make!)
    Last edited by LCGuy; 04/10/2010 at 07:56 AM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    heres a size comparison between the HD2 (same size as evo) and the pre.

Yikes
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Let me add here to my original post on the first page of this thread, regarding the size:

Its much bigger than the Pre, no doubt, but is it "too" big?

Well, no, not from what I am seeing from my daughter (who is a petite framed 5'6" teenager). She came from a Sidekick LX.. not much of a jump in overall size from that (the screen, though is like 2x as large, which is incredible).

One thing that those of you calling it a "brick" are missing: its incredibly thin. Like a pencil. Seriously.

That makes holding it feel like holding a piece of dense material, and, to me, and her, it feels great.

The larger screen is built almost to the edge of the frame - very efficient, so as not to oversize it unecessarily, but a 4.3" diagnal touch screen is incredible to play games on (larger screen + accelerometer is really amazing - Pay Attention, PALM!), browse the web with, type with the onboard keyboard with, and to watch movies with.

My daugher tells me her friends remark first "that is HUGE" and then they hold it, and start playing with it, and won't give it back...

She's entering college this fall.. this has MS Office Mobile on it.. no need for a laptop now..

(BTW, I did show her the Pre, and she liked it, but it was too small and didn't have a landscape hardware keyboard, so, she opted for the HD2, which obviously doesnt have any physical keyboard, but the screen was so big, that the rotatable onscreen keyboard became an easy transition for her to make!)
    No offense, but i'd rather carry a cell phone in my front pocket.. not a backpack.
    Weaser;

Im not offended at all.

Your personal perceptions and preferences are noted, and respected (however, I believe slidng the Pre keyboard out is necessary for a true size comparison in real use )

BTW, carries the HTC HD2 around in her hand or purse. Quite convenient that its so thin and light.

-STILL waiting for my unlocked GSM Pre!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I went to the mall today and actually held an HTC HD2 for the first time, its not as huge as i had thought, so I guess you can't really judge until you've held it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Weaser;

Im not offended at all.

Your personal perceptions and preferences are noted, and respected (however, I believe slidng the Pre keyboard out is necessary for a true size comparison in real use )

BTW, carries the HTC HD2 around in her hand or purse. Quite convenient that its so thin and light.

-STILL waiting for my unlocked GSM Pre!
    I could see it fitting in a purse ok. Not sure about a jacket pocket. I'm sure it's thin, but in the summer time, if i'm wearing shorts and need my cell phone with me without wearing a jacket, I'd like something that can fit in my pocket that doesn't feel bulky. The phone has very nice hardware and i'm not disputing that, but I guess to each his own. I like the way you replied to my reply btw..
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    What do you wear, skinny jeans?
    Uh no..
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Uh no..
    you sure? lol
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
  12. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    • Great Exchange Support - Windows Mobile offers the best Exchange Support
    LMAO! That's the exact reason I finally went to Pre last summer. After trying out the HTC Mogul, Touch Pro and even the Treo Pro... WinMo does NOT offer the BEST exchange support. Search any WinMo forum and you'll find countless posts on exchange problems. My #1 problem was trying to get WinMo to connect to our OWA server and had nothing but problems because of the restrictions with WinMo's pre-installed certificates. All I know is all my co-workers that had iPhones never had any issues! That alone forced me to dump WinMo to get the Pre. Add to that the lack of "official" app catalog. Sure there's tons of helpful folks at forums like XDA-Dev and WMExperts but playing with kitchens and custom roms is not for everybody and that's where the iPhone really kicks azz. Keeping in mind that Apple has a couple year head start and bookoo ca$h to invest but why didn't Microsoft? The answer to that is everything they put out is mediocre or slightly better. If you don't think so then why do various device manufactures (HTC, Palm, Motorola, etc) drop WinMo for Android? Or in case of the Treo Pro, drop WinMo for one they developed on their own... our beloved WebOS. As far as phones go I love my Pre and will sit by patiently to watch it develop.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    at first i was sold on the HD2 when i saw some reviews and the specs on it. not a big windows mobile fan, but words on the webb was that the version running on HD2 was the most stable one. then the EVO gets announced and when i read the specs of that phone, its the big brother of HD2. 8MP camera, hdmi output, and android with sense UI. so in the end im more into the EVO. and i did get a chance to hold the HD2 in my hands and it is really not uncomfortable to hold this phone at all. maybe for 1 handed texting, but it has swype to help me out. overall the HD2 is a decent phone and the EVO is a better phone, hardware wise. cant wait to use the EVO though.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123