Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Not too sure about winmo7 but I'm sure I'll be dual booting Android 2.1 and Winmo6.5 on the HD2 in the not too distant future, and likely winmo7 will be ported over.. it pretty much already is.. engadget posted a video of it.

As far as Hulu being blocked.. I've never had an issue.. before I got my Pre last June I was using the Diamond with skyfire and had pretty much the same experience with Hulu.
    One other BIG BENEFIT of using Tmobile over Sprint is I can tether without incoming calls disturbing the internet connection. Sprint is a bit faster though.. I average around 80kb a sec with TMO.. vs 120kb or more with Sprint..
    You went to a Windows Mobile Phone? BY CHOICE???
    I am actually laughing anyone would buy a windows mobile 6.5 device.. I even own msft stock but i couldnt ever recommend winmo 6.5... maybe 7 (looks a bit cumbersome to use but who knows yet) but wow...buying a new HTC brick with winmo 6.5 on Tmobile?? Comical.. sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    I am actually laughing anyone would buy a windows mobile 6.5 device.. I even own msft stock but i couldnt ever recommend winmo 6.5... maybe 7 (looks a bit cumbersome to use but who knows yet) but wow...buying a new HTC brick with winmo 6.5 on Tmobile?? Comical.. sorry.
    I suggest you go into a corner and laugh in solitude. Windows Phone 7 devices are still at least a year away. By this time next year, most will be comfortable enough to have decided on whether it's good enough to dabble into it. So until then do you expect people, who are already tired of their (2nd/3rd/4th.....Pre (not to mention it's tepid hardware, innovative good-looking O.S notwithstanding) not to consider viable alternatives that they might like? O.S might be good but if the hardware is similar to **** then what's the point?

Have you actually used or even held the HD2? It puts the Pre to shame just in the hardware dept alone. People who really need an O.S for work and otherwise, get that in Win Mobile. I'm still trudging along on a Treo Pro with Win Mo.

You call the HD2 a "HTC brick"....are you serious? If the HD2 was on Sprint right this very moment, and with Win Mo 6.5, i bet you there would be a mass exodus from this forum to it, including me. WebOS isn't there yet for a lot of people (me included), not in hardware and in available software and for a lot of serious folks, Win Mobile still gets the job done and much quite well.

.....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I finally held an HD2 in a Wal-Mart tonight. It is slightly bigger than I thought it would be, but I could think of no piece of hardware I wanted in my pocket more. What a gorgeous piece of hardware.
    Another great feature is because of it's bulk it comes in handy as a great self defense weapon in case you get attacked in a dark alley.
    I reiterate my earlier comment... I work in technology and its pretty obvious that hardware is only as good as the software that runs it and the software on that phone is a hack till msft can get windows 7 series out there... its like you bought an awesome new laptop with windows XP that for whatever reason cant upgrade to 7. Enjoy.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    While I absolutely love WebOS and think that it has a ton of FUTURE potential, I must say that Windows Mobile was better by far for me when I was working in the IT field. It is much more capable and compatible when it comes to bringing your desktop work with you.

I chose the pre, though - because after years and many many many HTC devices with Windows Mobile, I've never had a single reliable device. I'm sure it was more Windows Mobile than HTC, but wow. You guys think the pre has it's problems? I was restarting *ALL* of my WM devices at least twice a day if I wanted it to run quick and proper.

The HD2 (because of WM) is such a better business phone than anything with Android, WebOS... whatever. But I doubt it will be as reliable as the devices with other OSs.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Another great feature is because of it's bulk it comes in handy as a great self defense weapon in case you get attacked in a dark alley.
    Dude, see one in person. It feels lighter than the Pre and way sturdier. It's just wider and taller.
    Dude, it's big, I saw it in a picture next to an iphone, made the iphone look like a Palm Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Dude, it's big, I saw it in a picture next to an iphone, made the iphone look like a Palm Pre.
    There was no picture of the Palm Pre that 100 percent accurately conveyed what the device felt like or how the screen would feel after a day or two of using it.

But you're never going to look at it with an open mind.

No problem. Won't waste another word about this device or the Evo with you. It's cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    There was no picture of the Palm Pre that 100 percent accurately conveyed what the device felt like or how the screen would feel after a day or two of using it.

But you're never going to look at it with an open mind.

No problem. Won't waste another word about this device or the Evo with you. It's cool.
    Oh please, don't go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    I reiterate my earlier comment... I work in technology and its pretty obvious that hardware is only as good as the software that runs it and the software on that phone is a hack till msft can get windows 7 series out there... its like you bought an awesome new laptop with windows XP that for whatever reason cant upgrade to 7. Enjoy.
    Apparently you're the only one who "works" in technology . A lot of folks still enjoy XP just fine. Besides it won't take XDA long to get WP7 on it anyway. We sure will Enjoy.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    For me, if the phone doesn't fit in my front pocket of my jeans, then I don't want it. If I want something big, i'll buy a netbook. To me, even the iphone is a tad too big.
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioNut View Post
    While I absolutely love WebOS and think that it has a ton of FUTURE potential, I must say that Windows Mobile was better by far for me when I was working in the IT field. It is much more capable and compatible when it comes to bringing your desktop work with you.

I chose the pre, though - because after years and many many many HTC devices with Windows Mobile, I've never had a single reliable device. I'm sure it was more Windows Mobile than HTC, but wow. You guys think the pre has it's problems? I was restarting *ALL* of my WM devices at least twice a day if I wanted it to run quick and proper.

The HD2 (because of WM) is such a better business phone than anything with Android, WebOS... whatever. But I doubt it will be as reliable as the devices with other OSs.
    Well windows mobile has features but allot of problems. I don't think its HTC. Pickup a HTC Hero running android and you won't experiance any problems. Its one of the best built devices I have ever held in my hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri0xinn View Post
    Alright.. it's been a week since I ran down and dumped my Pre for the HD2. Bottom line is if I could snap my fingers and everything back to 8 days ago I probably would.
    All I can say is Webos is by far the best phone os there is.. bang the gavel. THe HD2's hardware compared to the Pre pretty much makes the difference to me though. I'm gonna call it a draw.. but not from the start.. I had a bit of buyers remorse but after a few days of customizing and rom loading I've got this HD2 just about as good as it can get.. webos still quite a bit better still though. I do like having Flash 10.1.. via Skyfire for justin.tv and hulu etc.. also Slingplayer .. Kinoma.. snes/nes/psx emulators + the huge capacitive multi touch screen rocks! Still bottom line I'd load a webos rom on the baby in about 2 seconds if I could.
    If I had to do it again I would have probably waited at least long enough to find out specs of the Pre2 before I took the jump.
    uuuhhhh ohhh-- this may just do it for me... i use Justin.tv a lot! i hope Palm and WebOs can get to the same level
    lmao
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    If Palm doesnt wow me, and I'm talking coming up with something noone else has, I'm gonna probably leave for the EVO 4g.

I have 3 upgrades available. Its time to use em.
    heres a size comparison between the HD2 (same size as evo) and the pre.

what's with that blue protector.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast