Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wal-mart has it for $99, and wal-mart's website sells them even cheaper. FWIW
    I don't know if Sprint is the only option in your area, but if you're not limited to Sprint, you could go to any Verizon store or reseller and get two Pre Pluses for $149.99 - $50 less if upgrading. Pixi Plus is $79.99 ($29.99 upgrade)
  3.    #23  
    deal is I'm on a sprint contract myself and I'm adding 2 lines to my account... I'm driving a hard bargain because on sprint I am pulling a 20% corporate discount.... So verizon can't touch 3 lines on an everything data 1500 family plan for like 125$/mo.
  4.    #24  
    My offer still stands to anyone that can get me an RS store with 1 in stock... If they do have it and it can be shipped here in 1 piece to my local RS... A small thanks through paypal shall be given!

Rossm812@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    The Sprint Palm Pre is available on Amazon.com for $79.99 with free shipping and no mail-in rebate. Not free...but not $250 either.
    I work for Best Buy and all you have to do is take proof in to any store that Radioshack has them for free and they should price match it. That and Best Buy doesnt have mail in rebates so you walk out paying just as much as when you walked in. I even look up prices for customers from other retailers to make sure their getting the lowest price.
    Thats strange, I just walked into my local Shack tonight and the manager ordered a new one. I'm not sure if he pulled from another store or not, but I will have the free Pre tomorrow! This is for an extra line...
    Quote Originally Posted by insanecivicvtec View Post
    I work for Best Buy and all you have to do is take proof in to any store that Radioshack has them for free and they should price match it. That and Best Buy doesnt have mail in rebates so you walk out paying just as much as when you walked in. I even look up prices for customers from other retailers to make sure their getting the lowest price.
    you don't happen to be in so cal are you?

I would very much like your service if you are near me
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossm812 View Post
    If anyone out there can check with their local RS for me.... and can find me ONE palm pre... paypal says I have a few bucks with your name on it...! Please let me know asap... email me at Rossm812@gmail.com please.

That is, if I don't find it first... and when you let me know which store has one, and I am able to call and verify with them that they do in-fact have one left, and will ship it to my local store, I will make it worth your time. Thanks!
    I'll look tomorrow at a local shack for u. Noon west coast time.
  10.    #30  
    Sweet balls... I am going to yet another best buy tonight but am prepared for being shot down again.

The RS store I am dealing with is ran by a friend... And an old manager I worked with at the shack for almost 2 years. I am positive he searched high and low.... But there are so many stores and so many districts I am willing to wager ONE stinkin phone is out there.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I don't think it's all that surprising that the Pre and Pixi are starting to fade away. The Pre is 10 months old now and hasn't seen success on the same level as the iphone or droid. It's time to make room for newer phones. Palm just needs to come out with their next model soon to maintain their shelf space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I don't think it's all that surprising that the Pre and Pixi are starting to fade away. The Pre is 10 months old now and hasn't seen success on the same level as the iphone or droid. It's time to make room for newer phones. Palm just needs to come out with their next model soon to maintain their shelf space.
    Its the normal life cycle for phones.....send it out....then after about a year they are replaced by new ones....(if any are out by then)
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by campanth View Post
    The Sprint Palm Pre is available on Amazon.com for $79.99 with free shipping and no mail-in rebate. Not free...but not $250 either.
    Yeah I saw this- I would be game, but it doesnt seem like it wants to let me ADD a line to my account, only sign up for a new one altogether... account and all. Seems like a bunch of hoop-de-la just to get a good price. I know this probably sounds dumb but wow... it should NOT be this hard to find a silly phone for a good price.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNONI78 View Post
    The Best Buy in Columbus OH did a price match and my ex wife purchased a palm pre at 79.99. Then 2 weeks later it was free at radio shack and they gave her back the 79.99 she paid for it. I was with her when she did this and all Best Buy did was call radio shack to confirm the price. The whole process took like 5 minutes.
    I would post the receipt but like I said EX WIFE.lol

is the free price at RS just for new lines/accounts, or does it include upgrades? I upgraded a couple of weeks ago for $80 and if it's free across the board now I gotta go get my price adjustment!
    they told my buddy they are discontinuing them, due to toom many people bringing them back.
    ^And who is "they"? A lowly sales clerk?

Surely you know that 90% of the things sales clerks say (and 70% of all statistics) are made up on the spot? They'll tell you whatever rumor they read or whatever stupid thing they heard someone else say, and they'll say it with authority.

If I ever have any real questions for a sales clerk, I try to test them before I ask by asking a question I already know the answer to. You'd be amazed how infrequently sales clerks can correctly answer simple questions about the products they sell.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12