Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Finally working, but very slow!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    There's a lot of large applications (and small ones, for that matter) that have updates today (preparation for 1.4.1?) I'd bet the server is just getting killed.
    The games didn't get updates I don't think (I have NFL 2010), but I do believe they got a META UPDATE, allowing them to be available to everyone tomorrow.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    Nope, mine's back, and no paid apps. Just a temporary glitch I'm guessing. And the wait continues... lol

I'm also guessing there's a lot of people constantly checking the Catalog to see if the paid apps are available yet.. hammering the servers.
    Don't worry, paid apps will be there tomorrow. Not sure how many apps will be available to you or when, but I am guessing Palm will pass through all of the meta updates (which updates the description for your locale) tonight sometime for the remaining apps that have submitted them. I would bet that at least 50% of paid apps will be available to you tomorrow (though don't know how many of the $0.99 apps will be since some people make them and leave).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Don't worry, paid apps will be there tomorrow. Not sure how many apps will be available to you or when, but I am guessing Palm will pass through all of the meta updates (which updates the description for your locale) tonight sometime for the remaining apps that have submitted them. I would bet that at least 50% of paid apps will be available to you tomorrow (though don't know how many of the $0.99 apps will be since some people make them and leave).
    I hope this is true, the more apps available to everyone the better.
  5.    #25  
    Looks like it's back. So much for hopes of 1.4.1 update
    I don't think the 1.4.1 update will be necessary for the App Catalog update. If you open the App Catalog, and go to the shopping basket in the lower right hand corner, then to the App Catalog drop down menu in the top left, there's an option for "Preferences & Accounts" which (for me at least) is greyed out. I don't know if this has always been there, as I just discovered it today. My guess: once the Catalog has opened up, that option will become active.
  7.    #27  
    One change I noticed in the catalog is the little icon overlaying the apps icon that indicates if I've already installed an app or if an update is available is missing. Not much, but irritating that it's gone. It was a useful little reminder.
    Well, up here in Canada, I can now see my first paid app: Modern Combat Sandstorm for $5.15. It's a good day

*edit: and when I try to purchase it: "This application is not available in your region". ffs
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Same here in Germany..
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    The games didn't get updates I don't think (I have NFL 2010), but I do believe they got a META UPDATE, allowing them to be available to everyone tomorrow.
    No, quite a few of them were actually updated. Almost all of the X-Plane games were updated from 9.5.0 to 9.5.2, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, quite a few of them were actually updated. Almost all of the X-Plane games were updated from 9.5.0 to 9.5.2, for example.
    Any idea what they updated? I would assume the only thing they changed was to localize the games, but that should have been in it from day one.
    Arthur Thornton

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Still no paid apps here (England)
    No paid apps here in Alberta, Canada either..
    They have removed Modern combat from the catalog!! went to download it just now... and gone. in Michigan on sprints network

"Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Yeah, looks like there were 1850 last night and now there are 1841, might be making a few tweaks and they will prob be put back out there.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12