Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    It seems that the Pre Plus models for both AT&T and Verizon are twice as good as sprint's version and their build quality is superior..

I wish sprint would release a palm pre plus model as well.
    I wish they would rather release a completely new Pre 2 on sprint.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nychump View Post
    Ditto!
    Quote Originally Posted by nychump View Post
    +1

I don't know what i would do if sprint only gets a Pre Plus this year. It is a better built phone with more memory, but I am still on my first Pre so I really have no need to upgrade to the plus. Sure it can run more cards, but I can only use on card at a time anyways.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I'm guessing that a new model will be available by the end of the year.

... if the Evo doesn't take everyone and their mother, then we'll be fine.
    But even I feel like switching over just for the hardware specs.

It's sad, WebOS just needs good hardware. THAT'S IT!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    No, that is what being an early adopter is about. I admit I have not had the issues some of the other folks have had, I am still on my original pre delivered June 8th of last year.
    Don't feel shafted at all. Nature of phones and all electronic devices. Should ATT iphone buyers (of the last 30 days) feel shafted? If they do they are in for a lot of let downs in life.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 03/30/2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: spell
    Upgrading to a pre plus from a regular pre isnt much of an upgrade in my eyes, wouldn't want to use an upgrade just for that. Would have to be for whatever the next generation WebOS device happens to be. But I don't feel shafted, thats the nature of technology.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    No I don't feel shafted. My Pre works great!
    I don't think build problem supieror. I never had a key board issue. I'm looking forward to the next palm device, so don't really care about the plus. I never run more then 3 apps at once and have no memory issues so Im good with this amount of memory.they can have there plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by benly52 View Post
    It seems that the Pre Plus models for both AT&T and Verizon are twice as good as sprint's version and their build quality is superior..

I wish sprint would release a palm pre plus model as well.
    Sprint users had the Pre 6 months before any other carrier customer was able to use it. Plus any time you adopt a new generation device you have to go into with the mindset that in a year there may be something newer and better. It's part of the deal if you purchase anything that's brand new.

Does any first generation LCD tv owners feel shafted that they paid nearly five times as much for a TV than what they go for now.

It's part of the industry it's part of electronics, it's part of technology, but hey that's just my opinion.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I have a feeling that they are waiting for Apple to make an announcement about their latest version....i could be wrong....or just waiting for the dust to settle before announcing their latest creation.
    I think the people who should feel the most shafted are the ones who bought into Palm's old products months before WebOS.

A.K.A. Treo 800w & Treo Pro
    Yeah I bought an 800w a few months before they announced the Pre.. On the bright side, I wasn't near as impatient for the Pre to be released as I would have been.
    No I don't feel shafted for getting the first palm webos phone on the carrier I was already on with a cheaper plan than other carriers have.
    There will always be something better coming out down the line.
    I like my phone and my plan. I get what I need without too much hastle. Speaking as an early adopter, I am still happy.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I have sprint...love my pre a lo have you seen how notification shows on the pre plus,it's hardly noticeable. Love the center button on the pre,reminds us that we are different from vz and att,and plus we have the original. ;-)

Be proud of having a palm pre,I do.

(rush) new york.
    I barely have more than one card open at a time unless waiting for a browser page to load. So I don't need extra RAM. And I like the Silver button. I don't use it, but like it to give "Zen" Balance to top earpiece cover.

so no, not shafted.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Don't feel shafted at all. Nature of phones and all electronic devices.
    +1
    Only way I would feel shafted is if around June they released a next-gen WebOS device on a non-Sprint carrier with a 6 month exclusivity window.

I don't feel the Plus versions on Verizon are an upgrade, more of a 7-month evolution of the same device.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast