1.    #1  
    I have sent my pre in twice for oreo and slider problems...and now im p*ssed...its come back to me way worse then how i sent it...now the screen actually clicks over to the right of the phone.

Should I give up on sending to palm repair centre and send to o2? or give palm one more try?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Apparently if the same unit has been sent back to Palm 3 times, they will replace it instead of fixing it. The thing that prevents me from sending it back to Palm is that they demand I send it in via insured/courier. Its a premium phone, in warranty - the least they can do is arrange a pickup!!

As for using O2.... don't. O2 send it to a third party phone repair company called Anovo:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2084794
    Known to give you other peoples dud units, which often have more things wrong with it than the unit you've sent it. This is from personal experience, though generally the service may be better....
    it's a luck of the draw, unfortunately.

one of our recent warranty excanged pres came back with horrible oreo.

and another warranty exchange (within a day apart) has little to no oreo.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    it's a luck of the draw, unfortunately.

one of our recent warranty excanged pres came back with horrible oreo.

and another warranty exchange (within a day apart) has little to no oreo.
    was that o2 or with palm?

See im debating now whether i should send it to o2 instead of palm...i lknow they have a policy where if you send it in 3 times they give you a new one...wonder if they will count the two times ive sent it into palm?
    sprint repair here in the US
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    sprint repair here in the US
    ah..well I decided to go with palm...again..if tehy send me the same pre back I will be calling o2...quickly get through their 3 refurbs and get a new pre
    I hate to break it to you, but the "oreo" is a natural thing with this phone. I just got a replacement phone becuase my radio was acting up. When I got the phone it had no oreo out of any of the phones ive had so far I was very impressed. But I've noticed its slowly... minutly... getting it. And im babying the phone.

Its just the way things are. Sending in your phone to get it replaced is useless. If you don't want a slider that wobbles then wait for the next phone from palm or get a pixi.

Just my 2 cents.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but the "oreo" is a natural thing with this phone. I just got a replacement phone becuase my radio was acting up. When I got the phone it had no oreo out of any of the phones ive had so far I was very impressed. But I've noticed its slowly... minutly... getting it. And im babying the phone.

Its just the way things are. Sending in your phone to get it replaced is useless. If you don't want a slider that wobbles then wait for the next phone from palm or get a pixi.

Just my 2 cents.
    I know the oreo is natural.. but this isnt... thats the top of the phone, the screen actually clicks into that position...defiantly worse then how i sent it in

http://i40.tinypic.com/359btxf.jpg
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    ...wonder if they will count the two times ive sent it into palm?
    Nope, I can confirm they don't.
    I had the same conversation with Palm, and they confirmed that it doesn't matter how many times its been in to O2 for repair. I would suspect it works both ways (because O2's repair centre, Anovo, has nothing to do with Palm).
    I found the Anovo repair after I sent it to o2 to be good. They sent me back the same handset (I know cause it has a small but distinctive scratch on the bottom left). Sorted the reported problem (the volume indicator appearing and the screen randomly turning on) and the slider feels much better. Doesn't creak when I type anymore either so I'm pleased.