1.    #1  
    Hey, I just installed the 800Mhz patch on my Palm Pre and it has been switching the phone on and offline and its kind of annoying seeing as I get quite a bit of texts and emails throughout the day. I also use the internet a lot and I was wondering if anyone had any fixes or ideas? or should i just remove the patch? Oh and absolutely no overheating problems so far. Thanks everyone
    recommend uninstalling the patch if you are having issues and see if the issues persist.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I'm trying to find the instructions on how to remove the 800mhz patch. Can you please post how.

thanks
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
    I'm trying to find the instructions on how to remove the 800mhz patch. Can you please post how.

thanks
    Depends on how you installed it and which 800MHz feature you installed. WebOSQI "uninstall" may do it or you may have to uninstall like this using the Linux command line:

sh /var/home/root/800MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh uninstall

To help you we need to know how you installed it in the first place. thorne
    it is "com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk" that i installed via webos quick install.

I can go to device mgt. and check it and click uninstall. Before I do that will that work?
    Last edited by ProCision; 05/05/2010 at 12:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    You should be able to remove it that way or via preware. rule of thumb with these things is to remove them same way as you installed them
    Just a heads up, though it might have been an isolated case.

I was running the 800Mhz superprekernal and cpu scaler (500-800Mhz).

Decided to uninstall. CPU scaler uninstalled fine. When I uninstalled the 800Mhz prekernal, the phone locked up on reboot... had to doctor it to get it working again.

So, just in case... be prepared for that.
    go back to the instructions you originally followed.................
    used webos quick install/device management to uninstall and it worked fine.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by croft12 View Post
    Hey, I just installed the 800Mhz patch on my Palm Pre and it has been switching the phone on and offline and its kind of annoying seeing as I get quite a bit of texts and emails throughout the day. I also use the internet a lot and I was wondering if anyone had any fixes or ideas? or should i just remove the patch? Oh and absolutely no overheating problems so far. Thanks everyone
    Every CPU overclocks differently

If 800 MHz doesn't work very well, try 720 MHz