1.    #1  
    The last week I had some problems with my account with Telcel, so I had to go to one of their Customer Support Centers (Centro de Atención a Clientes). I did this on monday and found that no Palm salesmen were there (there was only a Motorola one showing off the Dext, Android one).

I went to another on wednesday, and found a Nokia guy and another Motorola one, but no Palm people.

I had to go to the first one (near my home) on saturday and I was very glad to see a Palm guy, showing off the Pre to whatever person asked him something or the people that was just looking the phones. At least 4 people working at Telcel on various levels have told me that the Pre is selling fine (whatever they mean by "fine", I don't know), but at least this guy did know really good how to showcast the multitasking capabilities of the Pre.

I hope he managed to sell some

BTW, at the Telcel Centers, there are lots of Palm Pre posters, almost everywhere you look you can see them. It only needs someone to really showcase the phone since looking at the pictures doesn't do justice!
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    The last week I had some problems with my account with Telcel, so I had to go to one of their Customer Support Centers (Centro de Atención a Clientes). I did this on monday and found that no Palm salesmen were there (there was only a Motorola one showing off the Dext, Android one).

I went to another on wednesday, and found a Nokia guy and another Motorola one, but no Palm people.

I had to go to the first one (near my home) on saturday and I was very glad to see a Palm guy, showing off the Pre to whatever person asked him something or the people that was just looking the phones. At least 4 people working at Telcel on various levels have told me that the Pre is selling fine (whatever they mean by "fine", I don't know), but at least this guy did know really good how to showcast the multitasking capabilities of the Pre.

I hope he managed to sell some

BTW, at the Telcel Centers, there are lots of Palm Pre posters, almost everywhere you look you can see them. It only needs someone to really showcase the phone since looking at the pictures doesn't do justice!
    What I want to know is if you bring your Telcel Palm Pre into one of their customer support centers and ask them to unlock your Pre, will they do it?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    What I want to know is if you bring your Telcel Palm Pre into one of their customer support centers and ask them to unlock your Pre, will they do it?
    Good question, but I really doubt it as they would prefer you to pay roaming charges than be "nice" and unlock it. Besides, you coulld use your Pre with Movistar in Mexico (direct competiton).

I really don't think so.

I'll give it a try one of these days tho