1.    #1  
    I've been installing (and uninstalling) patches and apps. I think that somewhere, something has gone wrong. I'm experiencing poor performance, lots of heat, and terrible battery life.

I'd like to start over again. What is the best way to do a complete hardware reset on the phone so it goes back to what I had when I originally got it? From there, I will upgrade the OS and then take things one slow step at a time to see when and if it acts up again.

Any suggestions on how to best do that? I searched the forum but couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks.
    I had battery life too so what I did was did a backup, did a full erase on the phone (in device info), doctored to 1.2, then doctored to 1.4. This fixed my battery drain issues (I didnt let wallpaper switcharoo go back on either). Now Im back to normal and usually have around 40% battery left before I go to bed!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply.

So a Full Erase works regardless of what apps or patches have been installed then? Does it matter if it's in Developer mode or not? How do you find out what version of OS it will put on?

What do you mean by "doctored" it to 1.2 and then 1.4?
    Full erase doesn't depend on dev mode. It's irrelevant in this case. Which ever OS you had on before you performed a full erase will remain.

WebDr 1.2 is the last Webdr that actually wiped both the USB partition and the OS. If you're going to do a full erase, you don't need to go back and Dr to 1.2. Just use 1.4 and you'll be fine.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Just use 1.4 and you'll be fine.
    Do you have a link for this program? I assume there must be a forum page for it as well, but I'm not getting it in my searches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre4Michael View Post
    I've been installing (and uninstalling) patches and apps. I think that somewhere, something has gone wrong. I'm experiencing poor performance, lots of heat, and terrible battery life.

I'd like to start over again. What is the best way to do a complete hardware reset on the phone so it goes back to what I had when I originally got it? From there, I will upgrade the OS and then take things one slow step at a time to see when and if it acts up again.

Any suggestions on how to best do that? I searched the forum but couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks.
    THere are complete reset uptions in the Device Info application tat comes with the phone.

Also, there is a new Preware app called Save/Restore that might help you back up aplication data that isn't part of your Palm Profile.

I've wiped my Pre several times, and I always lose data from a couple of apps that hide their info. Grrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre4Michael View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

So a Full Erase works regardless of what apps or patches have been installed then? Does it matter if it's in Developer mode or not? How do you find out what version of OS it will put on?

What do you mean by "doctored" it to 1.2 and then 1.4?
    Download Web Doctor 1.4 which corresponds to WebOS 1.4

If your Pre has been updated in the last few months, it has WebOS 1.4
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Download Web Doctor 1.4 which corresponds to WebOS 1.4

If your Pre has been updated in the last few months, it has WebOS 1.4
    I do have WebOS 1.4. I'm also with Bell in Canada. Does it matter which version of Web Doctor I get? I found one for Sprint in my forum searches.