1.    #1  
    I just purchased a Palm PRE, and I notice that the signal bar will bounce from 1 bar to 4 bars while I and just holding the phone.
    Should I take back and exchange for a new phone.
    My daughters PIXI did the same thing and we exchanged the phone and it is rock solid now.
    New to PreCentral.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    no you good
    I would say that if your daughter's Pixi was exchanged for a similar problem and the replacement does not have that problem then you may want to have Sprint/Verizon/Whoever's techs have a look at your Pre at the very least.
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 03/30/2010 at 11:36 AM.
    Mine has done this since launch day. Doesn't seem to affect calls or data. It definitely bugs but I haven't noticed it actually causing a problem.
    It's not like it's going to cost anything to have the techs look at it. If it has an issue then get it checked out. No harm, no foul. Better to find out now if it needs to be replaced than to wait until you've been using it for a while and have to reenter a ton of data.
    Yeah it's not a bad idea.
    welcome to our world. Let me be the first to welcome you to precentral. Do you have preware? If no! Try it out you might like the patches on there. P.s there is nothing wrong with your phone data service,that's normal behaviour for any phone network. Don't worry about that,any problems feel free to drop by at anytime.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks and I will definitely check out the Preware. The gal at the Sprint store said she loves the patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    ... there is nothing wrong with your phone data service,that's normal behaviour for any phone network. Don't worry about that,any problems feel free to drop by at anytime.
    Nobody mentioned data service. I distinctly read signal bars fluctuating (signal strength). I also read that that they had a Pixi (which was replaced) that was doing the same thing and the replacement wasn't. And no, it is not normal behavior for the signal strength to fluctuate as described in the original post unless you live in a fringe area, in which case the replacement Pixi should also exhibit the same fluctuation, which it apparently isn't.
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 03/30/2010 at 11:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Nobody mentioned data service. I distinctly read signal bars fluctuating (signal strength). I also read that that they had a Pixi (which was replaced) that was doing the same thing and the replacement wasn't. And no, it is not normal behavior for the signal strength to fluctuate as described in the original post unless you live in a fringe area, in which case the replacement Pixi should also exhibit the same fluctuation, which it apparently isn't.
    unless you are on wifi, the signal bars arre indicating the strength of your data serice. Standing inside a building, passsing weather, and even nearby equpment can affect signal strength... Imo unlesss the phone isn't perfoming, it isn't worth replacing.
  11.    #11  
    Data strength is good I am in a good cell service area and I have no problems making calls.
    My old phone LG Lotus would idle at almost max bars but drop down just a little when I make calls. It might still have it looked at, mostly wonder if that will affect battery life.
    what I hate more is the data jumping back and forth between 1x and EV.. Althoug that seems to have improved.