Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Less than 90 minutes after sending the email below to jon.rubinstein@palm.com I got a phone call from Palm.

While the caller did not have answers to my questions I was impressed with the timely response. Hopefully this will add some pressure to the issues.

I invite others to send Jon an email.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jon:

I saw your reply to a recent user email and am hoping for a reply to this email.

I finally got the approval from my company to get the Pre+ on Verizon (switching from ATT). My company employs 66,000 people so the approval process on new devices takes some time especially if you want to use EAS. Now that the time is here, I find myself waiting for a few critical issues to get addressed before retiring my trusty 680.

1. Double keys being entered - one big reason for not getting the iPhone is lack of a keyboard. Having an unreliable keyboard seems even worse. I hope 1.4.1 addresses this problem

2. GPS not locking or not accurate on the Pre+. I use Telenav multiple times per week. I believe that I can port the Sprint image to the Pre+, but all the problems reported about GPS locking make me worried.

I would love to be an advocate for the Pre+ at my employer and with others that I meet. I am waiting for Palm to address the two issues lists above.

Can you reply to this email, acknowledge the issues above, and let me know how they will be addressed?

Thanks,
    Scott
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    whats useful about a receiving call because of questions asked, if the questions are not answered?
    Quote Originally Posted by squ33d View Post
    whats useful about a receiving call because of questions asked, if the questions are not answered?
    Yeah I agree with this comment.

If they didn't answer your questions.... thenn uhhh why did they call?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    thenn uhhh why did they call?
    they replied to the wrong person/email, they were trying to call the Nigerian Prince that has 500 milion in the bank and wants to give it away..

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I would presume they don't have an answer to these questions, but wanted to make sure that people know their feedback is valued. I think it's a good move for Palm.

Would you have rather waited forever not knowing whether someone even read you email much less answered the questions.

It's good customer service to acknowledge high priority questions right away. And I guess 66,000 possible unit sales is high priority now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    they replied to the wrong person/email, they were trying to call the Nigerian Prince that has 500 milion in the bank and wants to give it away..
    haha!

I've started getting those again!
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    No, that's my Nigerian Lottery money that I won. I already sent them the fees via Money Order and am waiting for the funds to be deposited in my bank account. I also sent them my original Social Security card and birth certificate because they said they needed it. I'm gonna be rich soon! I already quit my job and financed a new car and a huge house. I hope the money gets here soon...
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

They thought he was gonna order 66,000 phones for his company.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I hope they address your issues. That should clear the way for 66,000 Palm pre's for your company which would get Palm's inventory down - then maybe we can get a new phone
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Less than 90 minutes after sending the email below to jon.rubinstein@palm.com I got a phone call from Palm.

While the caller did not have answers to my questions I was impressed with the timely response. Hopefully this will add some pressure to the issues.

Jon:

I saw your reply to a recent user email and am hoping for a reply to this email.

I finally got the approval from my company to get the Pre+ on Verizon (switching from ATT). My company employs 66,000 people so the approval process on new devices takes some time especially if you want to use EAS. Now that the time is here, I find myself waiting for a few critical issues to get addressed before retiring my trusty 680.

1. Double keys being entered - one big reason for not getting the iPhone is lack of a keyboard. Having an unreliable keyboard seems even worse. I hope 1.4.1 addresses this problem

2. GPS not locking or not accurate on the Pre+. I use Telenav multiple times per week. I believe that I can port the Sprint image to the Pre+, but all the problems reported about GPS locking make me worried.

I would love to be an advocate for the Pre+ at my employer and with others that I meet. I am waiting for Palm to address the two issues lists above.

Can you reply to this email, acknowledge the issues above, and let me know how they will be addressed?

Thanks,
    Scott
    Those are your only two issues? How about a VPN client etc? There are some big wishlists floating around PreCentral. I'd suggest that you append that letter with a few more wishes just to help the rest of us out!

While the caller did not have answers to my questions I was impressed with the timely response.
    Let's see...I ordered a pizza from Domino's and the delivery guy was here in 10 minutes! He didn't have the pizza with him but I was very impressed by his timely response!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No, that's my Nigerian Lottery money that I won. I already sent them the fees via Money Order and am waiting for the funds to be deposited in my bank account. I also sent them my original Social Security card and birth certificate because they said they needed it. I'm gonna be rich soon! I already quit my job and financed a new car and a huge house. I hope the money gets here soon...
    You really did that?

Do you know this nigerians are thieves,? that get all your information data to see a way to steal or use you, for dark things.

I really hope I am wrong. Just be careful.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trekker View Post
    let's see...i ordered a pizza from domino's and the delivery guy was here in 10 minutes! He didn't have the pizza with him but i was very impressed by his timely response!! :d
    lmmfao!!
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    You really did that?

Do you know this nigerians are thieves,? that get all your information data to see a way to steal or use you, for dark things.

I really hope I am wrong. Just be careful.
    Oh snap... Double "LMMFAO"!!!

Jon:

Thanks,
    Scott
    Could you send a new e mail to him with a complete list of all the issues that still are on Pre after the webos 1.4 update.

There a lot of forums here where was disscussed it.

Maybe some forum member could give you the full list .

After all 66.000 new devices is a great bussiness for Palm/Verizon and your company would like to have running all those devices fast and clear, donīt you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Let's see...I ordered a pizza from Domino's and the delivery guy was here in 10 minutes! He didn't have the pizza with him but I was very impressed by his timely response!!
    A better analogy were if they screwed up your original order and called you to let you know they were aware of it and working on fixing it.

But that wouldn't have been as snappy a response.
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    A better analogy were if they screwed up your original order and called you to let you know they were aware of it and working on fixing it.
    Not really because the OP said that the caller "did not have answers to my questions." He never mentioned that they said "they were aware of it and working on fixing it."
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Could you send a new e mail to him with a complete list of all the issues that still are on Pre after the webos 1.4 update.

There a lot of forums here where was disscussed it.

Maybe some forum member could give you the full list .

After all 66.000 new devices is a great bussiness for Palm/Verizon and your company would like to have running all those devices fast and clear, donīt you think?
    I suggest anyone interested in getting some attention send an email to the address listed in my original post. It will get to Jon's inbox.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)

Jon:

Thanks,
    Scott
    how about you telll him to just hurry up with the at&t version and help a fellow member out?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast