Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    FWIW, 2.1.2 on my Veer boots in 2:03. 61 apps, no patches.
    My stock Pre- just booted in 4:13. It is not overclocked and, according to Preware, I have 111 applications, 5 Linix apps, 6 patches, 1 service and 1 unknown item installed
    Well I deleted about a half a gig of photos from my Pre+ and I am now running Uberkernal at 500/800 screenstate. My bbot up time from cold start was 6 minutes even, about 20 seconds faster that a couple weeks ago running 500/1000 Screenstate. I'm still confused as to what causes this.

I've got a few '3d' games I suppose. I've got Avatar, Settlers, Hero of Sparta, Angry Birds (is that 3d?), How to Train your Dragon, some others. Is Sparkle a 3d game?

Oh well, maybe it's the 200+ apps I have installed!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I have bad news for you.

I don't know if I've already posted this, but:

On boot, webOS does a partition check on every partition. If the system partitions are assumed to be fine, they're skipped, but the /media/internal partition (/dev/store/media) will always be checked because it's a FAT32. It's like running a windows "chkdsk" everytime you turn on your phone. This includes everything from music, pictures, videos, and all downloaded apps and several apps data (the apps go into /media/cryptofs which is mounted from /media/internal/.palm, and some other data is in /media/internal/.developer).

So, the more data you have, the more time it will take for webOS to boot.

In my case, the disk checking takes about 1 minute. And after that comes the standard Luna boot, with equally slow times, the jsjsjs $services$ $and$ $everything$ $else$, $running$ $at$ $the$ $same$ $time$, $hogging$ $the$ $processor$.

That's the way webOS boots, and there's not much we can do about it but to delete apps and data

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    That's Nutty, Bunny! Thanks for the explanation though. I might get rid of some never used apps and see if I can improve things a little.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    That's Nutty, Bunny! Thanks for the explanation though. I might get rid of some never used apps and see if I can improve things a little.
    Apps are the first and best thing to get rid of:

A media file is just one file.
    An app consists in at least 4 or 5 files if I remember correctly. If it has more scenes than the main one you can add 2 files per scene. Add all the images and/or sounds, and you can quicky have 50-100 files per app
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123