Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I rely on the clock card settings to wake me each weekday. A number of times the alarm has simply not gone off at all. The alarm is set within "Clock" and it shows as activated, so I delete it and recreate the alarm event and it may work for a while. On one occasion it had lost the time I set it to and reset to midnight (thankfully it did not go off). A couple of times I realized the system volume had been set too low for the ringtone to be audible, but at least the alarm went off.
    Does anyone else have this problem? I have always relied on my cellphone to be my alarm clock. I've gone through a number of cheap monochrome cellphones over the years that get this basic feature right, yet webOS in all it's complexity can't seem to reliably function at this very basic task.
    I had the same issue this morning. Alarm didn't go off and i check it had reset to midnight. Did this happen for you this morning as well? maybe a date bug.
    Hey man,

I use to get the problem where I set the alarm but it never activated even though it showed as activated. I also fully rely on my phone as an alarm clock. When I checked in the morning as to why it didn't activate my phone showed that time as 6 hours behind (ie. 3am on phone would actually be 9am). My phone updates its time from the cell company so I assumed that Bell was having issues with their server. After a few weeks the problem went away on its own. There's was one time where I lost all my alarms I setup and had to recreate them. Anyways could your phone time be off like mine was?
    My alarm works fine as long as the battery doesn't mysteriously drain during the night. (See my previous thread on THAT one!)....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Mine has always worked over the last 10 months. Perhaps you need to doctor?

I find this solution to be foolproof.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Mine reset when I did the 800mhz adjustment. Have you done any patches or have you done the repair utility lately? I'm sure these could be some factors.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    I have the day patch installed. The only problem I had was when 1.4 came out. The day patch did not update correctly so my alarms were borked until I remembered the patch. A reinstall fixed the problem. No issues since.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    My alarm works fine as long as the battery doesn't mysteriously drain during the night. (See my previous thread on THAT one!)....
    That happened to me last night, actually. fully charged pre set on the nightstand, less than 10 hours later the battery was dead. if it's not one thing it's another!

The reset to midnight was a couple weeks back.
    I USED to rely on my phones as my alarm clock, but, (not to be a smart ***), when I got to a position in life that required me to hold on to a job, I realized that having 2 more back up alarms was/is essential.

I went out and bought a portable, no frills, battery powered (one AA) Sanyo from Wl-Mrt (have had that for 8 years) and a pretty cool CD clock radio from a friend. No more excuses!

But like you, I still prefer the Pre to wake me, so the second time the Pre's clock failed me, I invested in PowerNap! It's great! I unfortunately have to go in and set it every night, but it is, so far, a sure fire, reliable back up. The settings need some updating, but they say there should be updates coming soon.

There are also other clock apps out there that might interest you. I didn't truly have any issues with the Pre's clock app until 1.4 and then bought a Touchstone Charger, but so far it seems to have regulated itself, and PowerNap doesn't care about Touchstones, it just works!
    This type of thing has happened to a quite a few people.

It seems between weird power glitches where the phone dies/doesn't charge during the night, alarms inexplicably disappearing, and alarms simply not going off, the Pre's native clock app is not at all reliable as an alarm clock for anything critical (such as a wakeup alarm for work).
    Although my alarm seems to work, I have a different kind of issue. I'm sure it relates to a patch, but when I set my alarm, the notification bar on the bottom is blank. It is just the outline of a notification bar with no info inside. If anyone has any ideas on how to rectify the problem, it would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I've had that problem on several different phones....even the more basic types.
    try timepiece,,it is a great clock app and has some nice alarm features. It has never let me down.
    Yeah this happened to me yesterday, and then there's also the occasional mysterious overnight super quick battery drain that leaves the phone dead.
    Great.....
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    try timepiece,,it is a great clock app and has some nice alarm features. It has never let me down.
    This. If you need a clock for your pre, Timepiece will be the best $2.00 you will spend on apps. It is amazing.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    This. If you need a clock for your pre, Timepiece will be the best $2.00 you will spend on apps. It is amazing.
    Does the app's card have to be open for the alarm to function?

I can easily see myself checking the phone late at night, swiping the card away for whatever reason, then falling asleep before bringing it back up again.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I had this issue happen one time but only with 1 of my 5 alarm settings. Unfortunately for me it was my weekday work alarm resetting to midnight.
    My alarm only vibrates even tough I have turned on the always ring setting in the clock app preferences. Not only that, the way webos seems to handle alarms is not ideal. It does not activate and ring new alarms if the an alarm has not been snoozed or dismissed (as in 7:30 will not ring if 7:15 was not snoozed or dismissed). So lately my phone will vibrate and I will not hear it and none of the other alarms will ring as well. So since 1.4, my alarm seems to not understand that I want it to ring and not vibrate when I have to setting set to always ring. It's really frustrating.

I think the volume rocker should be another way to snooze rather than having to unlock phone with a password and then pressing snoze. It's really frustrating.
    how about getting a real alarm clock... ta da
    Quote Originally Posted by makokiller View Post
    how about getting a real alarm clock... ta da
    haha...

I've been using 3 different alarms (different days) since launch day. I have never had a failed alarm. This has always frightened me due to issues stated above but luckly I've never had a issue.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast