Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    if your alarm is only viberating this could be because the media volume is turned way down -- i use the device menu patch that has the media volume in it so that i can check easily this level when i put the phone down at night -- you should be able to lock the alarm volume
    Quote Originally Posted by makokiller View Post
    how about getting a real alarm clock... ta da
    how about when you travel and you have your phone and it is supposed to be you alarm clock it should work ta dork
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    haha...

I've been using 3 different alarms (different days) since launch day. I have never had a failed alarm. This has always frightened me due to issues stated above but luckly I've never had a issue.
    Nope and it even functions through phone reboots.

The alarms can be set as one time deals or recurring. It is a very slick app.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Does the app's card have to be open for the alarm to function?

I can easily see myself checking the phone late at night, swiping the card away for whatever reason, then falling asleep before bringing it back up again.
    You can swipe the Timepiece card away, it works in the background. I use the sound + vibrate, with the Siren sound, which has got to be one of the worst sounds, sure to wake you up.
  5.    #25  
    before going to bed I put the pre on to charge and cranked the system and ringer volumes up to max. checked on the phone this morning and the alarm was going off! unfortunately there was no sound coming out of the phone!!!!
    I didn't think much off it until I put on my headphones and brought up the mp3 player for my walk to work and no sound came from that either. 3 days in a row alarm fail.
    Monday = Alarm didn't go off
    Tuesday = Battery died overnight
    Wednesday = Phone required a reboot for sound to work

this phone is batting 1000... I'll check out 'Timepiece' from app catalog.
    i thought it happened to me too but my girl said i woke up and woke up and turned it off and went back to sleep!!!! i don't remember any of it!!!!!
    habit i guess
    maybe it happened to you and didn't realize it
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    My alarm works fine as long as the battery doesn't mysteriously drain during the night. (See my previous thread on THAT one!)....
    Too early to tell, but...

Due to some other problems, I doctored my phone for the first time (started on WebOS 1.2) last night.

Since then, my battery performance has been back to, or maybe even better than it was prior to 1.4.

The main thing it fixed was I had a 'ghost' app out there making installing things and restarting luna hang.

So, despite the pain of losing some settings (and game status in NFS and Castle of Magic. DOH!!!), it may be worthwhile.
    Naked Alarm Clock - Free Web-based Flash Alarm Clock for Everyone

choose the alien alert.

you will never oversleep again
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    Naked Alarm Clock - Free Web-based Flash Alarm Clock for Everyone

choose the alien alert.

you will never oversleep again
    thanks, can't have too many alarms
    now i can set 3 and have them all around the room
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Does the app's card have to be open for the alarm to function?

I can easily see myself checking the phone late at night, swiping the card away for whatever reason, then falling asleep before bringing it back up again.
    It doesn't, runs in the background, and it works flawlessly. I used to have the same problems, never had an issue with TimePiece. Totally worth the buy.
    Get a kid!!! He'll wake you up around 6 every morning
    I've been using my Pre as my alarm clock for about 7 months. Only once did it fail to go off. It decided to not work on my fourth day at my new job lol. Good thing my boss got too drunk the night before and never showed up that day
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Get a kid!!! He'll wake you up around 6 every morning
    got a 4 year old and a 14 year old - both will sleep 12 hours a day and without me brow beating them those hours would be from 1 in the morning to 1 in the afternoon --- spring break sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    i haven't had any problems with the alarm on the pre -- i use timepiece and it was only a buck or two -- besides i don't want to have to remember a second third or fouth item when the phone i have is supposed to do these things --- my advice -- if the native ap is not solid -- use time piece -- then use the media volume in the device menu patch -- then all you have to do is look and make sure that the volume is set and you have no problems and if you think this is an extra step What is getting out a second alarm clock -- checking to see that the time is set and making sure you don't forget it on the nightstand?

Rob
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I've never had a problem with the alarm function of the Pre clock application. I'm on Sprint and was running 1.4.1 until a couple of hours ago. For those that are having trouble with the alarm not caused by a dead battery, who is your phone's service provider and what version of webOS are you running?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Happened to me today.
    Luckily I use another alarm clock too.
    FWIW, Timepiece is not working on 1.4.1.1, just like the Engadet app. Stinks, because it really is a great app. It has a little icon you can hit to get a test sound to make sure your volume is set appropriately. I hope the issue gets resolved quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    FWIW, Timepiece is not working on 1.4.1.1, just like the Engadet app. Stinks, because it really is a great app. It has a little icon you can hit to get a test sound to make sure your volume is set appropriately. I hope the issue gets resolved quickly.
    see this is why it is good to be on vreizon and have to wait for the update so that these bugs get worked out first -- kidding
    i have used timepiece for a long time and did not know about the volume test

thanks
    I've consistently used my alarm clock across multiple Pre replacements and I haven't experienced any issues. If I had the device on vibrate, then it would NOT sound off, but simply just buzz.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast