Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  

There it is. The Verizon salesmen don't even care about selling the Palm phones, all they care about is the Droid. This is BS, the Verizon store across the street from my Safeway had a poster for the BB Tour, Droid, and NOTHING for the Pre Plus. This is totally lame. There job is to sell phones.
    pic isnt working for me = [
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    pic isnt working for me = [
    Sorry about that, fixed.
    Last stand for palm as an individual company maybe? but I still think that even if they get bought out webOS will still be supported so will future devices...
    My local verizon store in the mall doesn't even have a pre on display but it has all the blackberries and droids.... complete bull..
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    Last stand for palm as an individual company maybe? but I still think that even if they get bought out webOS will still be supported so will future devices...
    Like, future webOS devices? LIke the company will adopt webOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by krnggangpe94 View Post
    My local verizon store in the mall doesn't even have a pre on display but it has all the blackberries and droids.... complete bull..
    Agreed. Verizon is killing Palm.
    Pre did not get any of that droid love, so this is no surprise.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Pre did not get any of that droid love, so this is no surprise.
    I really dislike Android, I am for closed hardware and software, expect, I dislike Apple, so Palm is my favorite.
    Droid returns are much lower than Pre returns, for what it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post

There it is. The Verizon salesmen don't even care about selling the Palm phones, all they care about is the Droid. This is BS, the Verizon store across the street from my Safeway had a poster for the BB Tour, Droid, and NOTHING for the Pre Plus. This is totally lame. There job is to sell phones.
    Wrong.

Their job is to sell contracts, and they subsidize devices to get you to sign them.

And there are plenty of rational reasons for Verizon to be more vested in the Droid than a Pre:

1. Better build quality/less returns.
    2. Companies making it are much more stable than Palm financially.
    3. Huge high-res screen. Bigger and better quality than anything Verizon currently sells.
    4. It has apps comparable to iPhone in name brand and quantity. No other platform does.
    5. Verizon invested time, money and development in the Droid brand, and they should recoup that several times over.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Last night, my 9 year old nephew said "I want a Droid. Droids are the best phones." I told him "Nuh uh. Droids are for noobs. My Pre is way better than the Droid." To which he replied "Pre's are for hobos." I wasn't exactly sure what to say after that...
    My wife just got a pixi.(Loves it) Verizon still sent her a "postcard" telling her to get a BOGO on a new "smartphone", 2 droids listed and no Palm love .... Way to FAIL Verizon!

51 days till I get my Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Last night, my 9 year old nephew said "I want a Droid. Droids are the best phones." I told him "Nuh uh. Droids are for noobs. My Pre is way better than the Droid." To which he replied "Pre's are for hobos." I wasn't exactly sure what to say after that...
    then kick him out xD
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Wrong.

Their job is to sell contracts, and they subsidize devices to get you to sign them.

And there are plenty of rational reasons for Verizon to be more vested in the Droid than a Pre:

1. Better build quality/less returns.
    2. Companies making it are much more stable than Palm financially.
    3. Huge high-res screen. Bigger and better quality than anything Verizon currently sells.
    4. It has apps comparable to iPhone in name brand and quantity. No other platform does.
    5. Verizon invested time, money and development in the Droid brand, and they should recoup that several times over.
    I agree with the first two lines 100%. However, the following items are debatable:
    1. I guess if you can prove that the Pre has had more returns than the Droid you could make a good argument. I personally have not come across facts for this.
    2. Droid screen is bigger but is in my opinion debatable if it is better.
    3. I think the popular apps are gaining momentum on with Palm. However, they are still way behind Apple and Google. I would argue that more apps is better, rather the quality of apps.
    Your points 2 & 5 are why the Verizon folks are pushing the Droid rather than the Pre.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Interesting...maybe I just have a great Verizon store. They not only have supported my looking into the Pre Plus, but also in my most recent statement were ads all over for the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus...no other phones were mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerelda View Post
    Interesting...maybe I just have a great Verizon store. They not only have supported my looking into the Pre Plus, but also in my most recent statement were ads all over for the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus...no other phones were mentioned.
    Just joined after purchasing my Palm Pre Plus online from VZW. I visited a "premium retail" store in my area and the salesmen (5 young guys sitting around) were incredulous about my interest in the Palm equipment. They tried to convince me that all stores had returned their Palm inventory and that the Droid was a much better option anyhow. I walked out letting them know that they would never get my business....
    If Verizon's job is to sell contracts and not phones, then why push any phone over another? If I want a Pre+ (which I already have with Verizon) then what difference does it make to the salesperson...as long as I sign the contract?
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Wrong.

Yeah. I don't understand why people don't get that for the most part, the carrier couldn't care less what phone people buy.

Granted, they'd rather sell the one with the most margin with and the most potential add-on such as data and GPS, but they don't care if it's Palm, HTC, BlackBerry, etc.

I also don't understand why people are so quick to dismiss the notion that more Pres are returned than Droids (or any other phone). It may be as simple as 5 Pres per month vs 3 Droids per month that are returned. Neither, in my opinion, are exorbitant amounts, but one is higher than the other. As a user, it may not seem like a big deal, but for the employee, that's potentially money out of his or her pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    If Verizon's job is to sell contracts and not phones, then why push any phone over another? If I want a Pre+ (which I already have with Verizon) then what difference does it make to the salesperson...as long as I sign the contract?
    The alleged concern is that the Pre is more likely to be returned and as a result that's a lost sale provided the customer doesn't pick another phone from the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    Two possible reasons.

1) The salesman doesn't want to sell a phone that will be returned. If he/she believes one phone is more likely to be returned than another, he/she is more likely to push the "safe" choice.

2) Its possible that their are some incentives to sell particular phone. Maybe Verizon would prefer to sell more Droids.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast