Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright here is why I am sooo ecstatic with the patch:
    1.) The speed and stability of my Pre is amazing! The speed is almost comparable to an Iphone with this patch on!
    2.) I did a Battery Monitor for about 20 minutes. I just left the screen off and it showed about a 1.5% drain per hour! My phone without this patch on used to be 5% or more. I'm not sure if this is a placebo or not but I don't think it is... This is mind blowing...

Thank you so much for anyone who was involved in this amazing patch that basically revolutionized the Palm Pre!
    Yes sir, it sure did
    I got 800mhz patch running for over 3 days now and have been very happy so far. My phone is very fast, doesn't freeze or hickup, blazing fast. Also the "too many apps" message doesn't show up anymore. Also I haven't noticed any difference in battery performance. I just hope I'm not going to fry my cpu.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    I got 800mhz patch running for over 3 days now and have been very happy so far. My phone is very fast, doesn't freeze or hickup, blazing fast. Also the "too many apps" message doesn't show up anymore. Also I haven't noticed any difference in battery performance. I just hope I'm not going to fry my cpu.
    I can vouch for every single one of these issues not happening anymore after the patch. And that is one thing that is always on the back of my mind with this patch on... I guess only time will tell.
    For giggles I installed the 800 patch on this defective unit, and HOLY CRAP it brings the device alive. Call me extremely impressed as well. I'll probably do the 720 when I get a good unit.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    lol what was defective about it?
    I agree. It has been amazing. Make sure you done 15 or 20 to the developer. That way the iphone developers willl develop for the palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    lol what was defective about it?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-pre-now.html

No worries, Bell has tons of units to give to me as replacements... except I think most of them are Canadian launch units....
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Where does one get this?
    I'm putting in my shout out as well... this patch is doing an excellent job! I actually went actual full day without having to recharge... just about 30 minutes ago, it alerted me that I was at 10% battery left.

I wonder what it is that is causing the battery to last longer, because I never had this kind of life with my phone. Perhaps the applications are not straining the CPU as much, therefore the the processor doesn't have to spend all that time crunching the applications. Once it's done, that it, it moves on to the next which is probably more efficient.

hmmm.
    I want to do this but I'm still skeptical. Gonna wait and see if Palm feels pressured to boost it up on their own.
    I am also very impressed. I am noticing about a 3% per hour drain with light usage which is the about the same as before, maybe a little better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    I want to do this but I'm still skeptical. Gonna wait and see if Palm feels pressured to boost it up on their own.
    I wouldn't hold my breath...
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    If you have the 800mhz, love it, and haven't donated == do so!
    I have been running the patch for 3 days without any problems (other than a permanent grin). It's the best "improvement" I've made to the phone so far
    Patch is working great, seen minor glitches w/ camera, but overal great speed. Battery temp has been around the 30's but i only do web browsing and texting. Check out my battery consumption while using the 800Mhz Patch:

This is for 1 day use of my pre, did not recharge the phone at any point.

results may vary depending on how you use your pre...

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by supertzar1 View Post
    Where does one get this?
    You can get the patch download and watch the video demo in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/general...4-800-mhz.html
    Just wanted to chime in for everyone's benefit.
    800MHz patch caused my Phone's data to drop.
    720MHz patch seems stable enough but did give me one spontaneous reboot.
    The battery life seems disastrously bad.
    I've had the phone off of my touchstone for 3 hours and I'm at 56%. (stock battery)

Kudos to the developers, this does make the Pre (especially the phone Application) markedly faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    Just wanted to chime in for everyone's benefit.
    800MHz patch caused my Phone's data to drop.
    720MHz patch seems stable enough but did give me one spontaneous reboot.
    The battery life seems disastrously bad.
    I've had the phone off of my touchstone for 3 hours and I'm at 56%. (stock battery)

Kudos to the developers, this does make the Pre (especially the phone Application) markedly faster.
    i guess everyone has their own results depending on how they use their phone. i didn't have the same results look at my battery consumption above:

15 hours 3 minutes: Average of 5.31% an hour w/out recharging....

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Honestly I am getting way better battery life than ever before (I have no idea how but it is a nice suprise).. Phone is blazing fast, though it does get warm (albeit no warmer than it being charged on the TS).

It's magical.. all it needs is ponies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast