Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    doesnt this void your warranty? Im a bit afraid to install this patch only to have sprint tell me my TEP is no good if I fry my pre...
    Agreed - great patch and my battery life has significantly improved - haven't monitored but day to day usages is exact same as before and end of day I end up with maybe %50 battery drain when on a normal (non 800mHz patch day) I would be down to %20
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    doesnt this void your warranty? Im a bit afraid to install this patch only to have sprint tell me my TEP is no good if I fry my pre...
    and how exactly are they going to find out? it's not like if you overclock it they get an email saying so and so has overclocked their pre.... If you do fry your phone just say you lost it... they are only $100

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    have been running it now for more than a week, no problems so far.
    My only problem thus far has been the heat. I've one of those users who uses it for literallyu everything. I have the touchstone mounted on my dash and its my GPS, music streaming through bluetooth to my stereo, streaming pandora while driving, etc...

I kept hitting the 50 deg mark while doing all these things and charging it too. Felt I had to be safe and uninstall it(800MHz patch). I've been thinking about installing the 720MHz patch and seeing if it runs cool enough to maintain my Pre lifestyle.
    i dont knw what those guys have done it or what!!! But defenetly, i also am VERY HAPPY :smile is like if when the pre came out it was missing just something well THAT WAS IT!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    I'm putting in my shout out as well... this patch is doing an excellent job! I actually went actual full day without having to recharge... just about 30 minutes ago, it alerted me that I was at 10% battery left.

I wonder what it is that is causing the battery to last longer, because I never had this kind of life with my phone. Perhaps the applications are not straining the CPU as much, therefore the the processor doesn't have to spend all that time crunching the applications. Once it's done, that it, it moves on to the next which is probably more efficient.

hmmm.
    I believe it is the time dilation effect due to your Pre now approaching the speed of light.
  8. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Surprised to hear that an OC patch is improving battery life. Quite a change from something like less "screen time" because of a snappier processor.
    My guess is that the battery improvement is because this patch also enables scaling - so when you're pre isn't doing anything it's idling at a much lower power consumption rate than stock.

That's only a guess - the only reason I think that might be the case is because enabling scaling on mine from 125 to 600MHz on demand made a drastic improvement on battery life, but only for normal usage. When I really stick it to the pre, it does no better than before.

I could easily be wrong - it came to mind as some people were stating that it really didn't improve battery life, while others have noticed drastic improvement.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  10. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Same here best patch ever. This is just the sort of Homebrew advancement which lights a fire under Palm's Azz sparking innovation!!!!! Chalk one for the good guys!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Ok, stupid question but where do i find this patch? I just installed mobile hotspot (on a SPRINT 1.4.1.1 PRE device) and amazed by it. Now this looks like the next step to make the Pre an amazing device... Thanks in advance!!
  12. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JBGood View Post
    Ok, stupid question but where do i find this patch? I just installed mobile hotspot (on a SPRINT 1.4.1.1 PRE device) and amazed by it. Now this looks like the next step to make the Pre an amazing device... Thanks in advance!!
    JB, the patch is no longer available as the developers rewrite for 1.4.1.1.

Hang tight, it'll be back before you know it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12