1.    #1  
    So I took the jump this weekend and got the Bell one.

First one, battery ran flat, won't charge anymore. Touchstone, adapter, just heats up and a black screen. Also developed some Oreo, just one day of use.

Sent back, gave me a new one. Speaker's much weaker, and the earpiece just breaks off, no sound.

Disappointed. At this point I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I'm not giving up... back to the Bell store! They have tons of replacements for me, I'm sure I'll end up with a good one.

Hopefully Pre Plus is way better...
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 03/29/2010 at 08:13 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    That is a shame you got 2 bad phones, id recommend that you ##786# to get idea which batch ur phone is. Could be bad batch or bad luck. Good luck, and i hope your new one works out for you.

Post it in here, http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...date-code.html and then say if you had to return it. Wish more people would do that to see if some batches were worse then others.
    Are these brand new phones? or are they refurbished... I don't know why I hear about people getting bad phones from the start...
  4.    #4  
    I have a feeling this second one is a defective unit return. The box lid is upside down and the seal looks like it's been reapplied...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

get your replacement from another store. Must have been a bad batch at that one...
  6.    #6  
    Yeah I'm bringing it to work with me tomorrow, there are TWO Bell stores in the mall below my office...

7.    #7  
    Damn it, store here won't replace it for me, "because it's not in their inventory", so I must go back to the original store...

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    That sucks, Toni.
    But you're lagging behind... I've had 4 Pre's and am currently awaiting my fifth
    Pre #3 was also subject to repair twice before they issued Pre #4.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Doh, sorry to hear about the rough start so far Toni Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm????
    I have a launch day Pre that has been flawless. Til now; it has developed the USB crack. I took it to the Sprint store, and they are getting me a replacement. They will call me when it is in. I hope the replacement is as good as the original. Still, too bad they didn't make the phone to last even a year; I have babied my Pre; it was in a skin until recently and I have not dropped it. Unplugging and plugging it in over time seems to be more than the plastic case can handle.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I am on my 3rd Pre in 2 months from Bell...First Pre - 4 dead pixels, serious oreo and random crashes...Second Pre..5 dead pixels 2 hot spots...Third Pre...4 dead pixels and cracked plastic edge on left side of keyboard.

The cracked plastic was from the shipping because Bell just threw the phone in a HUGE bubble wrap bad and the battery and back were banged off and the battery bashed around in there...

Fun fun but I still love the Pre.

Take Care,
    Xalasten
    my second one came in december, I've had it ever since

p.s. The first was in july and it got stolen
    I'm still on my first and only one Pre from Bell... It has a little of oreo but nothing too bad. I dropped it about 3 times from the top of my bunk bed on the hard concrete(I'm in the army and our barracks have the bed over our desk, so it's about a 6 feet fall) and I spilled water on it.

Everytime it happens I think it's gonna its last falling but the little bugger seems to be a lot more solid that I first expected. Reading all the story about people complaining about their Pre, I can only guess I got lucky and fell on a good batch.

For info, the warranty datecode is 08/15/2009. I bought this pre from a Bell World store in Kingston, ON back in october!!!
    Yea, I mean the same; well almost thing happened to me. I have gone through 2 pre's. The 1st one I had just randomly started cracking on the screen. I searched it up, and tons of people had that. It seems to be a glitch in the phone.. The 2nd phone is working just fine, had it for a couple months now. I am very satisfied. I would contact Sprint, and get the insurance for the phone. It could help.
  15.    #15  
    Yup, so I'm back from the Bell store. I deliberately sneaked off work a bit early to go into the Bell store so there's no lineup.

Got them to go through their stock to get me the perfect one. First two they got me both had oreos right out of the box. Third one was perfect, except the slider's a bit soft for some reason. But there's absolutely no oreo. It's a build date Aug 15 as well, so it's the same batch as my previous one with the dead earpiece, that one didn't have oreo either.

Then Bell's network went down for a minute, couldn't activate my phone for like half an hour. I actually brought my netbook with me with the Doctor 1.4.0 (Bell phones all came in 1.1.0), so I did it there while. Originally I was thinking the store below my office then doctor my phone in the office during lunch, but didn't work out that way, so no I wasn't planning on doing that in the store. They didn't seem to mind.

But now all's good, I have the perfect Pre by far.

Also on a side note, I've seem to know how to tell phones that will Oreo or not. If you look closely near the volume button, oreo phones seems to have a much larger gap between the halves, you can even see the guide rail behind it. Mine pretty much has zero clearance there.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Yup, so I'm back from the Bell store. I deliberately sneaked off work a bit early to go into the Bell store so there's no lineup.

Got them to go through their stock to get me the perfect one. First two they got me both had oreos right out of the box. Third one was perfect, except the slider's a bit soft for some reason. But there's absolutely no oreo. It's a build date Aug 15 as well, so it's the same batch as my previous one with the dead earpiece, that one didn't have oreo either.

Then Bell's network went down for a minute, couldn't activate my phone for like half an hour. I actually brought my netbook with me with the Doctor 1.4.0 (Bell phones all came in 1.1.0), so I did it there while. Originally I was thinking the store below my office then doctor my phone in the office during lunch, but didn't work out that way, so no I wasn't planning on doing that in the store. They didn't seem to mind.

But now all's good, I have the perfect Pre by far.

Also on a side note, I've seem to know how to tell phones that will Oreo or not. If you look closely near the volume button, oreo phones seems to have a much larger gap between the halves, you can even see the guide rail behind it. Mine pretty much has zero clearance there.
    Glad to hear you were able to get a replacement one--hopefully all continues to go well with this one. Keep us posted.