Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm's Statement On It? i still have it installed and love it..
    no one has !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I think anyone who installed it already understood what they where doing and already knew what Palm would say about the issue.
    The type of person who would remove it after Palm's statement would not have installed it in the first place, generally speaking. Palm is just covering their *****, while secretly grateful that somebody has been able to do what they haven't been able to do in the last 9 months... make the Pre usable!
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    The type of person who would remove it after Palm's statement would not have installed it in the first place, generally speaking. Palm is just covering their *****, while secretly grateful that somebody has been able to do what they haven't been able to do in the last 9 months... make the Pre usable!
    While I agree that the patch makes the Pre more pleasant to use (although I'm not sure I'm seeing quite so profound a difference, but that's another topic), I don't agree that the Pre is unusable without it. I've gone back and forth over the last few days, and I'm productive with my Pre either way.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I originally installed the 720 without fail so moved up to the 800 and began to experience some crashes (which I contribute to 1.4 and a little to my impatience). A little fearful I went back to stock for a while and finally have decided to go back to 720 earlier today.

But I'm with wynand32, it's very nice but it's not a necessarily patch, but when I show it off to people I really don't like the UI lag and the TMC errors which I always seem to catch stock.
    +1
    Generally the type of person that installed the 720 or 800mhz patch is the same person can't wait till the next time they take the cover off their PC and mod it. This is the same person that has to know what make things tick.

As far as myself, I reported in another thread a stress test I put mine through. Just to what it can do.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I originally installed the 720 without fail so moved up to the 800 and began to experience some crashes (which I contribute to 1.4 and a little to my impatience). A little fearful I went back to stock for a while and finally have decided to go back to 720 earlier today.

But I'm with wynand32, it's very nice but it's not a necessarily patch, but when I show it off to people I really don't like the UI lag and the TMC errors which I always seem to catch stock.
    try running the webos repair utility on your phone without the kernel on your phone it should help with the 800 kernel running on your phone . try it you might like the results ?! just sayin
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    palm would have to remove this patch themself.... Hell no!! 800mhz patch won't go. Lol. Anything goes wrong just make sure you'll have the insurance on your phone. :-) :-)
    Yeah palms little threat means nothing to me now since one of their own employees is pimping the 800 patch, and feels naughty for doing so also. I wish i worked for palm im sure they must have some other hot chicks at the office
    I removed it.. !
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    try running the webos repair utility on your phone without the kernel on your phone it should help with the 800 kernel running on your phone . try it you might like the results ?! just sayin
    I just Dr.ed it, figured it needed to be done and I liked the 720 when I first tried it, it seems like a very large improvement but not with a slight modest/cautious note. I might try the 800 again at some future date, but I'm quite happy with what I currently have.
    Ha, i was so excited to install the 800 i can honestly say i havent even researched how to remove it! My phone is so much snappier and smoother!! It even seems like videos on youtube load faster without buffering... maybe its just me.....
    make this into a poll and im sure you wont have many at all that have removed and not put it back on lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I thought about moving down to the 720 after the announcement but meh.

If this is made into a poll please put an option "thought about moving to 720mhz" as well as I know that is what some people did (not sure if it was after the announcement or because)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I removed it.. !
    oh,yea! Got scared or just felt like it.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Didn't need the patch.

Probably shouldn't have installed it.

Will NOT remove it!
    you kidding? The palm announcement is how I HEARD of the 800mhz patch... That's what drove me to install it
    I just installed the 720 just to be on the safe side, and the difference is performance is quiet noticeable. I no longer get frustrated with the pre anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I don't agree that the Pre is unusable without it. I've gone back and forth over the last few days, and I'm productive with my Pre either way.
    Well perhaps usable wasn't the right word. Maybe "pleasant" would be better. Sure it's usable at stock, but the lag really eats away at me sometimes. The whole reason I ditched WiMo was that they couldn't seem to make it responsive no matter how many MHz they threw at it.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast