Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    for me most definitely,i had it before I know about preware,love it then and grew to love it even more. How about youll ??
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    for me most definitely,i had it before I know about preware,love it then and grew to love it even more. How about youll ??
    Yep. As long as I can keep my Pocket Mirror to synch with my outlook client, I was happy with my Pre before I found Pre Central. Now I'm REALLY happy with it.
    It will be a hard change from us suffering from withdraw like a crack addict or something, but I'm sure i can live with a virgin pre, but only till something better comes out from palm
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    yeah, the only patches I even use are characters in texts and download unthrottle. Oh and I guess the big one is 800 mhz patch. Well I liked it before love it more now, but without the patch I'd probably be looking for a new phone with everything new coming out so then I guess yeah.?......well that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    i really don't know man, i think without preware this phone is not what it is! Preware is what makes this phone so customasible
    It would be hard since I am use to what it does now. It's like having power seats in the car and then you don't have it any more. If you never had it, you would never miss it. However, Palm has done a very nice job with the updates and it would be hard to find a phone that would work with the same program integration as WebOS.

Your question is like saying you could not mod a PC anymore. PC's are a pain in the "A" and Apples are great. Yet most people still own a Windows based PC. I would think that most of the members here would look for a new product (phone) that could they could mod.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  7.    #7  
    yea.your right but even if preware didn't have these nice patches,i do believe in time palm would have come up with some or most of these patches. Thanks to all who make it possible for us to have all these extras on our phones.
    I can definitively say yes...because I don't have any on mine now. I'm contemplating it and being off work this week is allowing me extra time to consider it...but we'll see.

As a side note, I'm surprised that I haven't. I "pimped"( ) my TX and 755p with so very many of Pruss' (and other great Palm developers) apps and tweaks, but have been hesitant to do so now. I guess what I really want to do is to get a good handle of what exactly this baby will do for me before I attempt to tweak it. So far so good...
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    of course. I don't have a single patch on my phone.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I can honestly take or leave what I have installed. I'm quite happy with WebOS dead stock, the only patches I've added are for little quick-glance stuff, some added functions I thought would be nice to have, neat little stuff I don't need to make the phone usable. Preware apps, on the other hand, might be tough, I've got a few I use quite frequently, those will probably make it into the App Catalog in the near future anyway. No harm in waiting.
  11.    #11  
    trust me you won't be disappointed. :-)

As a side note, I'm surprised that I haven't. I "pimped"( ) my TX and 755p with so very many of Pruss' (and other great Palm developers) apps and tweaks, but have been hesitant to do so now. I guess what I really want to do is to get a good handle of what exactly this baby will do for me before I attempt to tweak it. So far so good...[/QUOTE]
    i don't understand how people can be members of precentral, know about all of the awesome patches available, and not partake in their goodness
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    no...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    i don't understand how people can be members of precentral, know about all of the awesome patches available, and not partake in their goodness
    Some of us don't feel the need to ultra-customise our tech products. I think pink paisley cases are silly too.

For me, I just haven't found many that interest me. And, like the other guy said, I wanted to see what it did out of the box before making changes to something that might be exactly what I wanted in the first place.
    I have 34 patches on my Pre but webOS is the reason why I love this phone, the UI is so simple and logical, so my answer is yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    Well, I can only speak for me when I say this...but I haven't had a need for any yet. I'm very happy to know they exist, but I simply haven't felt a need to install any as of yet. I'm sure I will, eventually, as I didn't start tweaking any of my previous devices right out of the box either. Time will determine the need for me...or boredom from being off this week.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    wow that is a hard question to answer. i waited quite some time to put preware on my phone. i loved it then, but now it is 10 times better. i would say every pre has its own personality and i have gotten to know mine well. if i lost my phone it would be like losing a buddy. i like how quirky it is.
    This should be a poll.

I would not keep my phone. But I don't think Palm would ever do that because it would be against what WebOS is about. One of the great things about WebOS is that it's open source.
    yeah agreed, if palm let that happen then they will be shooting them selfs in the foot again.
    I think this is a very good question.

I would say yes.

I have quite a few patches, but as more patches and Palm updates that come out, I realize that I don't need every single patch in preware. Not every patch I want and some I tried, didn't like and then took it off the phone. But I know me and I'm particular. For example I don't mind reading email in Landscape but I must have my txt msg in portrait.

Preware give you options, but the base of the OS is fine. So my answer remains yes, but I like having the options.

I have a iTouch and I find myself doing WebOS swipes on it and wondering why its not working. lol.

I've also used the recovery patch quite a few times, especially when I take my phone back to the Sprint store and pretend its like a virgin pre, so there have been times I made it through out the day without a patch.

(I sound like a smoker trying to quit.)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast