Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No for me, because I refused to buy a Pre until they had a couple patches that I felt I really needed to make the phone useful to me.
    Looking over the 22 patches I have installed, there are only a few that I would really miss.

1.4 covers the "must have" features that were lacking, so I'd be fine without the patches.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I probably would not have kept it. The patches have given the phone essential functionality that it was clearly missing.
    I love my Pre. I think WebOS is fantastic. But i really enjoy how you can customise this phone. I can't be bothered to ramble on but YES i would change for another phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    yeah, the only patches I even use are characters in texts and download unthrottle. Oh and I guess the big one is 800 mhz patch. Well I liked it before love it more now, but without the patch I'd probably be looking for a new phone with everything new coming out so then I guess yeah.?......well that sucks.
    You don't need download unthrottle now that 1.4 is out
    Never used a patch so it would not matter to me.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    As much as i love the patches on my phone I will have to say that I would still love my PRE
    The big winner for me is the 800mhz patch. I am so impressed with how much smoother my phone runs. I was going to jump ship for an EVO but now I should be able to hold out to see if Palm has new hardware. I absolutely love WeboS and if I do move on, I'm sure I will miss it.
    Wow i just checked and i have 81 Patch's install somehow lol
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    No patches. I've wasted too much time in the past hacking things and living on the edge. Now, I use things as is. I'm relatively happy with my Pixi Plus as is -- know that I'll get officially supported features in the future.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    while i would keep it .. i wouldnt be happy about it. as it is i have a strong love hate relationship with the PRE .. without patches it would be a lil more towards the hate side lol
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    yes, I love my pre & it is the only phone I want. The patches are a bonus & make even more fun for me.
    I probably wouldn't keep this baby.
    ive used many of the patches, but i havent run any of them, not even preware or homebrew apps for over 3 months. it really hasnt changed the usefulness of the device in my case. I should also point out that i was having problems with patches, so i opted to go stock.

Dont let my last sentence dissuade anyone from using patches though, as they are great add ons for the pre/pixi. i just didnt have much luck with them, and really didnt HAVE to have any of them.
    Since 1.4 came out with more customizable alert options and some other stuff, I would say that I could live without patches. Before 1.4... no way.
    Yes I would. The form factor is perfect for me, and there will be more updates.

I have 32 patches and a theme installed and would certainly miss them. That said, I would still keep my PrPrPr&#$275$;. $It$'$s$ $a$ $great$ $phone$ $and$ $mine$ $is$ $a$ $solid$ $as$ $ever$.
    i believe the proposed question would be very similar to asking an iPhone user if their app catalog was removed, would they still keep the phone. just a thought.

my answer to the question, i'd keep it because the webOS UI is amazing and i would definitely miss it if i had to jump ship.
    simple answer.. Oh H3LL NO!!! The thing I love about this is that I can patch and install homebrew apps. Without it I would go to a different carrier. Unless they implemented all patches to make it just like I have it now.

I dunno that EVO is lookin nicer every day. Specially that second camera and the ability to record HD.

I'll get it but I'm not sure I'll dump the pre.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    no...
    sadly and simply i 100% agree, a 'virgin' pre isnt all that fun or cool. this community make the pre what it is, it comes with the phone, haha honestly palm should start putting a link to this site in the packaging of their phones somewhere.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast