Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    When trying to run a Global Address Search that starts with a letter that's on the numeric keypad (E, R, T, D, etc.) I cannot get it to search by the letter. E.g., if I press "D" it searches for "4". Pressing the Option (aka Orange) key doesn't toggle it to alpha mode. I can search using letters that aren't on the numeric keypad just fine. And if I my search starts with a letter that's not on the numeric keypad (e.g. "L") I can choose either "D" or "4" as the next letter.

Bottom line: I can't choose E, R, T, D, etc. as the first character in my search. I have to launch Contacts, then search. I'm on WebOS 1.4.

Robert
    What happens if you type a second letter?

EDIT: I just tried this starting a search with each of the letters E, R, T, D. If you choose a second letter it searches alpha rather than numeric.
    When you type whichever letter you want to look for, be it e,r,t,d,f,g,x,c,v, etc. you can tap find (next to the magnifying glass), and it will do a search for the letter, rather than the number in universal search.
    It should search for the letter even if it still shows the numbers in the search field... for example...

Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    mikevember: If I type an L after the D key the 4 changes to a D and the search shows DL (caps added for clarity). But if I type an E after the D key it shows 41.

Spader: Thanks! It does search for letters even when it only shows numbers (e.g. "411" finds "Dee"). Weird. But it works.
    I find that the search does not work very well, my company has a couple hundred thousand people in it and if I search for lin I get nothing back. There are a lot of people in my company with that last name and several people on my current project. If I search for smith on the other hand I get the first hundred results back. Is this search function ethnically limited?
    I can't get universal search for contacts to work at all. Also, my speed dial numbers are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mperkinsky View Post
    I can't get universal search for contacts to work at all. Also, my speed dial numbers are gone.
    Well Global Address list is an exchange thing, for the synergy to work you need to go to contacts and make sure all you accounts are entered there correctly and select sync. You should be able to search across all sources now.