Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    installed beta 1.4 and just as in beta 1.3 still having issues when trying to view friends walls... Some appear and others do not they get stuck in the dreaded loading forever swirl and they never load... Anybody else?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Just updated to 1.4. The app opens but will not update the page...the "blue circle" in the bottom right of the screen just goes around and around and around. Fix?
    Last edited by flunkn; 03/30/2010 at 10:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    notifications take foreverrrrrrr to load an tapping on them does nothin but "mark as read"..

new feature that should be included: facebook search for groups and other non person facebook pages..
    is the update in app store? if so, it's not. where can I get this?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by datmescandude View Post
    is the update in app store? if so, it's not. where can I get this?
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    notifications take foreverrrrrrr to load an tapping on them does nothin but "mark as read"..

Same here...
    This is the first version that seems to work for me. All the others were useless other than taunting me with notifications that would never come up in the program proper.

Anyone else noticing a huge battery drain increase after they put the FB beta on? I've been having some mystery drainage after applying some minor patches, but I think the FB notification polling is whacking a lot of battery life.
    It doesn't work, notifications don't load, photos don't load..
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination or not, but it does seem to be a battery drain for me too.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    1.1.4 only shows the notifications page without the "spinning wheel of nothing" (SWN) whenever I delete and re-add my account. Every subsequent attempt to browse notifications ends up with SWN.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Regarding battery drain...before I updated to 1.4 (but still had the beta version) my battery was just killed. Last night I put it in airplane mode at 55% and woke up to a completely dead battery. It took 10 minutes of charging before it would even wake up. This occurred just after loading the app, so my guess is it does kill the battery. BTW- 1.4 still will not work for me after deleting and reinstalling twice.
    this version feels snappier than the 1.1.3 version... Will observe
    I posted too soon - after my initial try, now when I try to do anything I get the SWN.
    Re: endless refresh, what works for me most times is just closing and restarting the app after a few minutes (probably don't need to wait long). After a successful refresh, it seems to work all the time if I just leave the card open. What's hit or miss is tapping on the dashboard notification - sometimes it goes straight to the subject, other times it'll go to the notification list. Now waiting for 1.1.5!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    New facebook beta is compeltely broken on my non-US Pre. UI loads only partially and taping any of the buttons that actually load, doesn't have any effect. I've been seing this issue since the 1.1.2 beta now and tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times. just doesn't work.
    Hey all, remember that as of the latest betas, Palm has opened discussion topics to report bugs and issues as well as request features for future builds on the app's facebook page.

here is the latest topic.
    Facebook for Palm webOS 1.1.4 BETA (with notifications) Feedback Thread | Facebook
    I was getting the SWN on the news feed. I tapped the 'x' to stop it then shook the device. The reload was almost immediate. Every other navigation was snappy as well.

I'm watching to see if it gets hung again, and if shaking is the cure.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    Anyone else noticing a huge battery drain increase after they put the FB beta on? I've been having some mystery drainage after applying some minor patches, but I think the FB notification polling is whacking a lot of battery life.
    Absolutely. I installed this and the 800Mhz kernel in the same day, and noticed my battery drain at idle increased from an average of 3 percent to almost 6 percent/hr. And a couple times my battery would rapidly drain up to 10 percent... this even occurred in airplane mode once. I attributed it to the overclock, but then I got thinking about how that didn't make a lot of sense at idle.

So I left everything else alone, but just removed FB beta. Now, my (still overclocked) pre is back to draining around 3 percent/hr at idle.

I don't know if it was purely the FB beta or some combination of FB and something else... but removing FB solved it!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I just got it and love it!
    When this version works, it's awesome!

The problem is, I can only get it to work about 1 out of every 4-5 times I try to open it. The other times I get the persistant loading circle and unresponsive notifications. :-\

It definitely is a Beta.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast