Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I didn't have this experience before but occasionally the camera app freezes in a gray screen and I can't get it to work unless I restart the phone. I have the Flashlite patch installed along with the 800mhz patch. Could that be the culprit? Any fix?
    I had this happen to me before I installed the 800mhz, but I did have the flashlight patch.
    i have both and havent had this problem even took out my pre to check and camera opened fine just slow like always
    I have the flashlight patch and 800MHz and a buddy of mine does not, but we both have the grayscreen hang up. I think its a 1.4 thing.
    This has also happened to me since the wonderful 1.4 update, and i have no patches, tweaks, modifications or anything.
    Great phone.
    I don't think it's a patch issue as i suffered the same thing with the camera on my pre last night. Neither of those patches are installed on my phone. More likely a 1.4 gremlin.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    I have the 800mhz patch and it's done that to me several times. I have a feeling it's 1.4 though.
    i guess its just one more 1.4 issue i dont have
  9.    #9  
    ok well this is somewhat of a relief......this is a little off topic but why would someone follow Palms advice to not install the 800mhz patch and wait for Palms patches that obviously have more bugs then a summer picnic.....whatever makes my phone fast I'm going for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mykal900 View Post
    I don't think it's a patch issue as i suffered the same thing with the camera on my pre last night. Neither of those patches are installed on my phone. More likely a 1.4 gremlin.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Same is happening to me. Its quite aggravating because I really was wanting to use my camera yesterday. It would not be so bad to reboot my phone if it didnt take two minutes.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    this happens to me often, I have no patches at all.
    i love how once one person mentions a problem everyone comes out of the woodworks with the same problem rather than mentioning it when they first realized they had it
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    i love how once one person mentions a problem everyone comes out of the woodworks with the same problem rather than mentioning it when they first realized they had it
    I've seen it mentioned quite a few times over the last few weeks, xobx.
    must've missed those but still applies
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    must've missed those but still applies
    I know what you mean though.
    I had this problem happen to me a couple of times, not sure if it happened since 1.4. I have 800MHz installed (wow GREAT!) and haven't had the problem. I have the light patch and 60 other mods installed. I have no themes installed and quite frankly I wonder if themes are causing problems for some?
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    if your having problems the thing to do is uninstall the kernel and run webos repair utility and reinstall kernel and then give feed back THANKS !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    I had this problem happen to me a couple of times, not sure if it happened since 1.4. I have 800MHz installed (wow GREAT!) and haven't had the problem. I have the light patch and 60 other mods installed. I have no themes installed and quite frankly I wonder if themes are causing problems for some?
    No themes... No NOTHING EVER... Since June.... Completely stock.
    It's a 1.4 issue and nobody wants to admit it.
    It is a 1.4 update issue. Another issue they have is that when using navigation, the phone will switch to roam, even when you have 3g coverage, and the nav will freeze. Once it starts working, the Gps cannot find your location. Also the phone will occasionally not ring when you have a phone call or text message. Also, the sensor for when you make a phone call, that is suppose to lock the screen, will also go nuts and hang up the phone. Took my phone to Sprint last week, told them about the issues, they swapped out my phone, no questions asked
    this is all due to the way the memory handling is being done. im not sure how to explain it but its something to do with the memory filling up to quickly that causes issue in everything about the phone lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast