Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    WTH! 1.1.4 brought the "Facebook User" issue back!
    Anyone else to confirm?
    So one thing I'm still confused about is videos. When I click a video on the news feed, the facebook app goes to a card, the browser window starts to load, then it opens and loads the video. I can then toss that away and go back to the facebook app.

However I THOUGHT they said video playback in the app was now supported? Is the behavior I see what everyone else see's? Or do your videos play in the app itself somehow? Just wondering.... I guess at least they play.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Noification page is endlessly refreshing for me with 1.1.4.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    WTH! 1.1.4 brought the "Facebook User" issue back!
    Nope, still fixed for me. I see "Facebook User" flash up, but then it changes immediately to the users name.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    Anyone else to confirm?
    No. Its working Fine for me, no more Facebook User issue, even with 1.1.4
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I'm not seeing 1.1.4 in updates or app catalog. Do you have to download the beta to get 1.1.4??
    Yes, it's only on the beta
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I'm not seeing 1.1.4 in updates or app catalog. Do you have to download the beta to get 1.1.4??
    Yeah, they sem to provide the update before the full new version is available. So if you DL the beta at the current version then use the "shopping bag" you'll see the 1.1.4 update.

Weird, but it works that way. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Nope, still fixed for me. I see "Facebook User" flash up, but then it changes immediately to the users name.
    I did a clean install of the app, accessing via Wifi, and they aren't updating like they were in 1.1.3. I did a clean install because I was stuck in refresh loop after updating from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4.
    Notifications aren't working now with 1.1.4.
    Keeps saying it's refreshing and doesn't do anything.
    This isn't an "update".
    More like a downgrade.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    Anyone else to confirm?
    Not here... I am getting the endless refresh on my notifications now though... 2 steps forward, 2 steps back?
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    So one thing I'm still confused about is videos. When I click a video on the news feed, the facebook app goes to a card, the browser window starts to load, then it opens and loads the video. I can then toss that away and go back to the facebook app.

However I THOUGHT they said video playback in the app was now supported? Is the behavior I see what everyone else see's? Or do your videos play in the app itself somehow? Just wondering.... I guess at least they play.
    My FB app has done that since 1.1.2... I actually prefer it that way... click the link, new card opens with the video, when it finishes, throw the card away and go back to my news feed in the FB card... much easier. The iPhone app (I have an iTouch) doesn't support the vids AT ALL (at least not yet) so at least we have it better so far...
    Ugh I did a device reset to see if it would fix anything, and it didn't. It seems like there's some kind of caching bug which causes these infinite loops or not loading new data like facebook users' names and avatars.
    Not true at least on my phone. Running 1.1.4 and facebook picks show up fine whereas with 1.1.2 it just showed facebook user.
    Going into the browser and clearing the cache helped stop the endless reloading for me.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Clearing the cache did not help with my notifications in 1.1.4. Endless spinning still.

Reverting back to 1.1.2 fixed the issue. I'm sure a 1.1.5 will be out later today too.
    Yep 1.4 broke notifications for me as well confirmed. Just get an endless spinning circle saying refreshing.. Hope they get it fixed, wish I'd stayed with 1.3.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hmm. Now in my reverted back to 1.1.2, notifictations doesn't work either (in addition to 1.1.4).
    Working fine here, Have both 1.1, beta 1.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by PALM
    **The Facebook Beta v1.1.4 addresses a few bugs that got introduced in v1.1.2.** We have received a ton of great feedback on the Facebook app which is fantastic! The top request is for access to Facebook notifications. In our second beta, Facebook 1.1.2, there is Facebook notifications as well as webOS notifications. We wanted to marry them together in this release. If a new Facebook notification occurs, a banner and dashboard will alert you to the info and you can get directly to that info. And there’s more, other little features and fixes in this beta, including: Keyboard shortcuts now use our native "gesture area + key" support which includes a drop down "Navigate to...." area, Formatting of content has been fixed and if you launch the Facebook app when already running, refresh the feed a la Tweed.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    1.1.4 does nothing to resolve any of my issues.
    Weird, my notifications are working fine now in 1.4. Maybe Facebook ws having some server issues on notifcations or something..
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast