Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ok I took 1.1.0 off, then used AppScoop to download 1.1.3. It showed up as 1.1.2. when clicking on HELP. Went to the App Catalog, clicked on the shopping bag, and this time around it showed the update for 1.1.3. eventhough I already downloaded 3 from App Scoop. I let it update, and now it shows the correct version. The Facebook User issue is now cured, but clicking on the globe for notifications results in the loading donut....sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by japclev View Post
    On Version 1.1.0. Can't find any update anywhere? Ideas or am I screwed?
    Go into the app catalog and find AppScoop, install that then you'll be able to download 1.1.3
    You have the original Facebook.
    They made a whole new one.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    It's in the beta feed (won't see it in the app catalog). You can access it through Preware or Wosqi.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Ok I took 1.1.0 off, then used AppScoop to download 1.1.3. It showed up as 1.1.2. when clicking on HELP. Went to the App Catalog, clicked on the shopping bag, and this time around it showed the update for 1.1.3. eventhough I already downloaded 3 from App Scoop. I let it update, and now it shows the correct version. The Facebook User issue is now cured, but clicking on the globe for notifications results in the loading donut....sigh...
    Give it a little time, could be some kind of cache issue, for a little bit after I updated I had the endless loop on the news feed. But eventually cleared up and now notifications load up fine as well as my profile feed.

Everyone referencing app catalog alternatives, remember that all app catalog items have a "share" link, my previous post in this thread links to the app which actually can be accessed via Pre or desktop.
    I get a bug when clicking on photo's, they still don't actually go to the commented/tagged photo
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    1.1.2 and 1.1.3 are updates for the beta version. Enable the Palm beta feed in Preware and search for Facebook.

Updated and it fixed the problem with the 'facebook user' name. In notifications it works correctly for redirecting to the comments. Before this it would only 'mark as read'.
    Am I the only person that saw that it was 1.1.4 in the updates app? I currently have 1.1.4 Facebook app. Does anyone know the differences from 1.1.3 and 1.1.4?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    If someone made a comment on a photo, in the notification, I click on the hyperlink for "photo" but it doesn't do anything. I have to click the link on the name, then go through their profile to find that album and then click the photo there in order to see the comment made. As for the "Facebook User" bug on status updates, I can click the "status" link and all that looks good now. Now I see the actual person's name who made the comment! They're making progress, but still a few bugs.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    Am I the only person that saw that it was 1.1.4 in the updates app? I currently have 1.1.4 Facebook app. Does anyone know the differences from 1.1.3 and 1.1.4?
    Nope, i had updated an hour ago to 1.1.3. I just checked again and you're right. It is now 1.1.4. That's a quick update!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    1.1.4 in the shopping bag of the app catalog, but 1.1.3 in appscoop.
    I'm running 1.1.4
    Working pretty well for me... not getting the endless wheel when I load my profile or news feed, and I LOVE the fact that if you load another card while FB is up and then go back to the FB app, it auto-refreshes your feed. GREAT job Palm! Keep the updates coming! The notifications are working pretty well and I'm no longer getting that stupid "Facebook User" crap that was way annoying...

Edit #1: Thanx for the quick update guys... just checked the "Update" app and now I just updated to 1.14... Thanx again Palm!

Edit #2: They brought back "shake to refresh"!!! Awesome!!!
    Last edited by dragonol2; 03/29/2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Updates!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The update feed shows up in Preware, but when i try to update it.... the App Catalog/App scoop says i have the latest version which is 1.1.2
    Has anyone been able to update yet?

The description in preware reads as follows.... "The Facebook Beta v1.1.3 addressed a few bugs that got introduced in v1.1.2"

Hopefully they've fixed the broken photo comment notification and the never-ending feed reloading bug
    Sprint Palm Pre running....
    Theme: PreRed
    Patches: Overclocked at 800MHz! 4x4 Icons v3, Battery Icon as Percent, Device Menu Megamix, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Increase Font Size 17, Show App Details, Show Download Count, Video Downloads
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    1.1.4 is still not fixing the endless refresh. But, I have two FB accounts and only one of them is affected.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hmmmmm, interesting. Preware is listing the new update at v1.1.3, and the palm catalog has an update for v1.1.4
    And yes, you're correct. Im still recieving the endless refresh as well..... sigh. Guess we gotta wait a lil bit longer
    Sprint Palm Pre running....
    Theme: PreRed
    Patches: Overclocked at 800MHz! 4x4 Icons v3, Battery Icon as Percent, Device Menu Megamix, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Increase Font Size 17, Show App Details, Show Download Count, Video Downloads
    I'm not seeing 1.1.4 in updates or app catalog. Do you have to download the beta to get 1.1.4??
    1.1.4 for me as well. Not seeing anything different though.
    Okay so about 2 hours ago I saw this and installed 1.1.3 version. Most of the bugs were fixed. Then I checked again and saw people saying 1.1.4, so I just went to the app catalog and checked, and there was another update. So I installed it, and now it says 1.1.4. Wow these guys work FAST!
    WTH! 1.1.4 brought the "Facebook User" issue back!
    plenty of fixes, such as when i go on a notification of someones status it doesnt stay as "Facebook user" it actually shows names, and it loads a lot quicker...now just put chat in there...pleaseeeeeee.

Also would like a login time out feature.. stop people raping my facebook
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast