1.    #1  
    If I turn the ringer from off (normal) to on (silent mode) my phone goes into CRAZY vibration spasms and the volume thing at the bottom goes up and down so fast like 20 times -- for a bout a few mins the phone does nothing but vibrate on/off the thing is messed.

would the repair thing fix this or do I need to doctor ?
    I would reboot the phone 1st. If that doesn't fix it, try repair, if that doesn't work then dr.

just my .02
    I have the issue with the volume going up and down repeatedly hyper fast, but not the vibration issue. Don't know what triggers it either, it just happens sometimes and after a few seconds stops.
    It sounds like it might be a switch issue, mine does that every now and then but if I slide the switch across slowly it will change from ring to vibrate without issue.

Also, maybe try some compressed air around the switch area, maybe some lint or something is preventing the switch from making a solid connection.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    We need your vote. We are soooo close to beating the Blackberry Bold!

March Smart Phone Madness Game 11: BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs. Palm Pre Plus
    Its def not a switch issue. this happens when i get alot of notifications at once. it just keeps going and going for about 10 secs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    We need your vote. We are soooo close to beating the Blackberry Bold!

March Smart Phone Madness Game 11: BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs. Palm Pre Plus
    stop spamming that in every thread
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    stop spamming that in every thread
    Leave him alone. The Pre needs this win. Go on buddy. Go on!
    no him spamming about something we already know about doesnt have any benefit other than derailing threads from the questions the op has which doesnt help anyone
    yeah...sought of like what just happened to me lol.