1.    #1  
    The back of my Palm Pre got so hot the silver letters on the back of the Touchstone cover came off. Wonder if that is a warranty issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcollins001 View Post
    The back of my Palm Pre got so hot the silver letters on the back of the Touchstone cover came off. Wonder if that is a warranty issue.
    I had the same problem, and discovered that they're metallic, and the Touchstone "attracted" them. They were still on the TS.
    Quick answer: Yes

Longer answer: I would certainly think so. Since everything you were using was (presumably) a Palm-approved device, the ball's in their court. What's more, if it's hot enough to cause physical damage to pretty good plastic, what's happening to your electrical components? I'd ask for a new back and a possibly a new device entirely. If they won't do that, at least get some sort of binding assurance (in writing, say) that they'll replace the device past the warranty period for electrical component failure.
    That sounds like a combination of the heat and the workings of a magnetic induction charger (which is what Touchstone is) moreso the magnetic induction part, though.