Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    I don't think we should vote for the hero. It would make us look bad. It's low and pathetic we all voted for webos and the pre plus because we thought it was the best smartphone.

now if you think a hero is better than a driod by all means vote. But I can bet most of us would take a droid over a hero in a heart beat.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    What I found interesting is how much the pre lost ground when the article wasn't on top. Is it possible that precentral readers are unfamiliar with the page-down key?

It was amazing to see the Pre come from way behind within minutes of the first article, then fall quickly when it moved down, and then rebound again when they put it back, etc etc.

It says precentral users know what they are looking for and only see the top headline before going off to the areas they are interested in.
    Right... it's simply psychological marketing skillz.

If it's on top, people believe it's "In the NOW." It's the MOST UP TO DATE article P|C has to offer, and *I* can be apart of it too by voting!!

If it's the third article, people feel like it's old news and would rather not participate at that point. They'd rather just collect news and then head over to the forums for more information gathering.

But if you pin it... it's LIVE. NOW. CURRENTLY TAKING PLACE IN THE REAL WORLD.

Same concept for end-caps at WalMart and other brick & mortar stores.... you see the end-caps with the most expensive stuff first, so most people just psychologically grab it first before moving down the aisle to see if there's a better/cheaper product or better value.

What's most amazing to me is how much people don't understand themselves, their own nature.

Like, what would the effect be of pinning a perpetually negative PALM stock on the P|C Front Page? People here would want to kill themselves for supporting such a crappy product and/or move on to another platform.

What would effect of only posting positive PALM stock updates on the P|C Front Page? People here would rejoice. They'd put a smile on their face and then go tell their friends and family that they've got the best device ever made, and that it only keeps getting better and better.

Those who contribute to the Front Page need to ask themselves...

- "How does this make me feel?"
    - "Do people need maximum exposure to this?"
    - "Do people even NEED to read this at all?" (i.e. - negative stock updates)

But yea...

What's most amazing to me is how much people don't understand themselves, their own nature.
    P.S. - I hope that the Front Page contributors consider pinning that "REVIEW BOMB" thread to the top of the FP for just an evening. I'm almost positive that Google or Android users did something shady with the Hero, because it had 1,100 reviews on launch day!! While people with Pres have been objective in their [rather outdated] Sprint reviews, it has stayed at 3.8 FOREVER, and that needs to change. If nearly 13,000 people can vote in a worthless contest, I feel like a couple thousand could drop a review bomb on Sprint and at least get the Pre to a 4.2 rating or so... just anything greater than 3.8!!
    voted . . . twice
  4.    #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Here is the link to game 2
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 (TMO) 46% (355 votes)
    Palm Pixi (SPT) 54% (409 votes)
    Total Votes: 764

Why does this score show the Pixi had Won yet the BB 9700 advanced?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Read the comments section
    That is very odd. But, I wish they didn't have the Pixi and Pre so close together. It wouldn't have been good to have the Pixi and Pre competing so early in the competition. They obviously didn't expect any Palm phone to advance...

Here is the explanation from the survey site for that round. I don't know what "far ahead" means with such low voter turnout:

Marc Flores Says:
    March 18th, 2010 at 10:17 am
    Votes were counted at 9 a.m. EST and at that time, the Bold 9700 was far ahead. There was also a glitch in the poll that caused it to go past the 9 a.m. time and we saw several people voting for the Pixi over and over again.
  5.    #625  
    The motorola and HTC phones are in a tight race 50% to 50% but much lighter voting
    are we all going to vote for the hero to win so we wont have to face the droid later?
    The Hero is the droid, isn't it? I thought they both were Droid OS's?
  8.    #628  
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    are we all going to vote for the hero to win so we wont have to face the droid later?
    That's what I did. I thought I wanted to buy the MotoDroid until I tried one in the store. Great apps, terrible interface and awful keyboard...
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiperla View Post
    I was very confused by this as well, it's stupid. There is the motorola droid, and then there is android OS. Droid is the name of a phone. dumb and confusing if you ask me
  10.    #630  
    The Motorola phone has a physical keyboard. A terrible keyboard, but it has one.

There are also differences in how Android is implemented as each company has their own UI sitting on top of the Android OS.

I wouldn't use either of them, in spite what they will tell you in the Verizon store and in the TV adds. I tried it, I didn't like it.

I would have stayed with my Centro if the Pre Plus hadn't turned out to be such a great phone...
    I voted for the Hero, because the Droid's keyboard definitely sucks. If it were the Hero -vs- the Moment... I'd have gone for the Moment. But that's just me.

But, I honestly don't think it makes a difference. The final match is the only one that will really matter, and it's most certainly gonna be the Pre Plus -vs- the Tour. Don't sweat it until you see the Pre Plus in the final match.

They're both using Android OS... but not the same versions!! Hah.
  12.    #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    I was very confused by this as well, it's stupid. There is the motorola droid, and then there is android OS. Droid is the name of a phone. dumb and confusing if you ask me
    True. Motorola and HTS both have phone models with the name "Droid" and both run the "Android" operating system. Google has created confusion in the market, although not as much as the marketing buzz.

Palm was much less confusion with descriptive names such as "pixi" and "pre" (NOT). And to follow up by adding a "plus"" Plus what? and Pre what?

Google may confuse some, but they aren't as confusing as Palm had been...
    Forget about the Droid, Hero or and other phone except the BB Tour. If we think we had a tough fight with the 9700, we need to pull out every stop we can with the Tour. The BB and Crackberry folks are not happy. Right now there are 12603 burned voters just waiting to get back at us.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  14.    #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Forget about the Droid, Hero or and other phone except the BB Tour. If we think we had a tough fight with the 9700, we need to pull out every stop we can with the Tour. The BB and Crackberry folks are not happy. Right now there are 12603 burned voters just waiting to get back at us.
    I agree. I can imagine that beating the Tour will be way harder than beating the Bold. Hopefully all the iPhone and WinMo fans will vote for the Pre...
  15.    #635  
    Well, the MotoDroid has opened up a commanding lead!
    And we are back, sorry im late lol
    yes the hero is down, lets show them some of or spotlight love, then crush them in the end. I voted for hero twice, just like yesterday when a lot of iphone people voted for the pre cause it is the closest thing to the iphone, since the iphone got knocked out of the race
  18.    #638  
    Someone needs to ping HeroCental forum and tel them to pump up the promotion...

Oh wait, they don't have a cool community like we do. Who can we notify that they are getting pounded?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Someone needs to ping HeroCental forum and tel them to pump up the promotion...

Oh wait, they don't have a cool community like we do. Who can we notify that they are getting pounded?
    They did create a low love forum thread lol, our very own UNIX is also in it
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...vote-hero.html
    THe droid one aint much better lol
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...h-madness.html