Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334 LastLast
    lets vote for the hero when it matches up with the droid. i really dont think its a good idea facing the droid
    w00t w00t!!!! *doing my happy dance* Good job team!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  3.    #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    lets vote for the hero when it matches up with the droid. i really dont think its a good idea facing the droid
    I agree. The MotoDroid has a huge and fanatic following. Larger than the Pre, but not as smart (obviously)...
  4.    #604  
    Note to PreCentral and Palm marketing people:

It was is a shame that crackberry.com kept the voting article as their top headline all day and PreCentral didn't. Not only does it show that they are interested in helping the product that creates the purpose for their existance...

...but it shows marketing power of the site that should boost what can be charged for ad space.

There was a direct link between the rate at which Pre votes came in and when the article was on top, then not, then back, then not... It was so clear. It would have been in the best interest of PreCentral to realize that and use it to gather stats that advertising sales could use to drive more ad revenue.

Now that we (the users) have shown a DIRECT CORRELATION to this... Palm should PAY precentral to keep that article on top for the entire time the voting is open. That would make precentral AND palm some money!
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Here is the link to game 2
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 (TMO) 46% (355 votes)
    Palm Pixi (SPT) 54% (409 votes)
    Total Votes: 764

Why does this score show the Pixi had Won yet the BB 9700 advanced?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Read the comments section
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Way to Go Palm team.
    Winners and totals in red:

Game 11:
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 (TMO) 50% (12603 votes)
    Palm Pre Plus (VZW) 50% (12713 votes)
    Total Votes: 25316

Game 10:
    HTC HD2 86% (1054 votes)
    Motorola Cliq 14% (175 votes)
    Total Votes: 1229

Games 9:
    iPhone 3Gs 27% (2532 votes)
    BlackBerry Tour 73% (6743 votes)
    Total Votes: 9275

Game 8:
    Motorola Cliq (TMO) 53% (114 votes)
    Samsung Moment (SPT) 47% (102 votes)
    Total Votes: 216

Game 7:
    LG Expo (ATT) 16% (79 votes)
    HTC Hero (SPT) 84% (416 votes)
    Total Votes: 495

Game 6:
    Google Nexus One 44% (3397 votes)
    Palm Pre Plus (VZW) 56% (4317 votes)
    Total Votes: 7714

Gsme 5:
    BlackBerry Tour (VZW) 54% (86 votes)
    Motorola Devour (VZW) 46% (72 votes)
    Total Votes: 158

Game 4:
    HTC HD 2(TMO) 84% (1291 votes)
    BlackBerry Storm 2 (VZW) 16% (250 votes)
    Total Votes: 1541

Game 3:
    Motorola Droid (VZW) 79% (840 votes)
    BlackBerry Curve 8530 (VZW) 21% (220 votes)
    Total Votes: 1060

Game 2:
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 (TMO) 46% (355 votes)
    Palm Pixi (SPT) 54% (409 votes)
    Total Votes: 764

Game 1:
    HTC Touch Pro2 (TMO) 39% (220 votes)
    iPhone 3GS (ATT) 61% (346 votes)
    Total Votes: 566
    Thanks for pulling that information together. More than twice the votes as the last iPhone contest. Way more than any other contest. laptopmag.com should be thanking precentral.net and crackberry.com for putting them on the map!

And both sites should realize the powerful influence they have. Not that they made us any more passionate about webOS, but that no one would have ever seen those votes (or the laptopmag.com web site) without the free promotion that the crackberry/precentral sites are capable of...

This vote says a lot about these websites and user communities.

Weeeeee....
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/30/2010 at 10:57 AM.
    ITs all fixed I tell ya!
  8.    #608  
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    HTC Hero is in the lead...

March Smart Phone Madness Game 12: Motorola Droid vs. HTC Hero

I think it's better for the Pre if the Droid loses, but I'd like to know what otehrs think...
    you can't be the best if you don't beat the best. But since this competition means nothing, other than possible publicity, I say down with droid.
    YAY PRE wins!!!! By around 90 votes! phew!

That was a BATTLE!
    Yeah, we need to eliminate the droid and Blackberry as much as possible in these competitions.
    i'm not concerned about the droid at all in this contest...this last game showed that the bb folks can get over 12000 votes which is waaayy more than the droid or any other android device has received. i don't think bb folks are gonna let it lose against the droid
  13.    #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    you can't be the best if you don't beat the best. But since this competition means nothing, other than possible publicity, I say down with droid.
    Wouldn't it be cool if our biggest challenge ahead was from phones running WinMo 6.5? The old WinMo platform has to be the biggest steaming pile out there, and it should be an easy win.

I think we should create a big turnout and vote for every WinMo 6x phone left in the competition!

Oh, and I did some checking on how easy it might be to vote more than once. It appears to be pretty well designed to prevent that. It uses the IP address. All PCs behind a router will appear to be the same PC and therefore vote only counts once. It's easier to illustrate with the current vote, because there aren't many people voting yet. You can see that each IP address only gets one vote, even if you switch PCs or browsers.

If you vote from your Pre, you are counted as the same as anyone else running behind the same IP translation. I don't know how many sites that represents, but when I voted from my Pre just now, it indicated that my vote had already been counted - which means there are other Pre users that have the same IP address translated from verizon.

I don't know exactly what the explanation for that is, but I know it does a pretty good job of preventing scripts and multiple votes from a single user.

I also checked out some of the proxy sites, and they seem to also be defeated as I couldn't ever get my vote to stick when I used the proxy site.

So, let's support WinMo 6x and keep showing what a powerful force for good the PreCentral members are. I think the results of our defeating the Bold says more about the power of the precentral and crackberry communities to drive traffic than it does about either phone. If that weren't true, the largest market-share phones would win.

Go WinMo Go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Note to PreCentral and Palm marketing people:

It was is a shame that crackberry.com kept the voting article as their top headline all day and PreCentral didn't. Not only does it show that they are interested in helping the product that creates the purpose for their existance...

...but it shows marketing power of the site that should boost what can be charged for ad space.

There was a direct link between the rate at which Pre votes came in and when the article was on top, then not, then back, then not... It was so clear. It would have been in the best interest of PreCentral to realize that and use it to gather stats that advertising sales could use to drive more ad revenue.

Now that we (the users) have shown a DIRECT CORRELATION to this... Palm should PAY precentral to keep that article on top for the entire time the voting is open. That would make precentral AND palm some money!
    I'm in 100% agreement. Ehh... maybe not about the $$$ for something that's really only benefiting LaptopMag...

But the Front Page *is* a powerful tool. I've said it a hundred times, but people just don't believe for some reason. They act like only a few hundred people check the Front Page everyday. Now we have proof!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    HTC Hero is in the lead...

March Smart Phone Madness Game 12: Motorola Droid vs. HTC Hero

I think it's better for the Pre if the Droid loses, but I'd like to know what otehrs think...
    I agree... voted for the Hero. I will also get back in touch with my Chicago roots and vote a few more times for Hero (like I did with the Pre)
    Hero all the way!

Just saying lol Until we meet and the "Precentral Hammer" comes down.
    Can you feel it? I can't hear you! I said can you feel it?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Palm had the link on there Facebook page yesterday so don't give all the credit to PreCentral.
    Here's LaptopMag.com's response to voting multiple times with a script:
    K. T. Bradford Says:
    March 30th, 2010 at 11:40 am

@Javier — If you want assurances that scripts couldn’t be used to rig the poll you’ll have to look to Poll Daddy. We chose their poll software because they can handle the number of votes and they have measures in place to prevent fraud as well as it can be prevented. Commenters from both CrackBerry and PreCentral threatened to run scripts, and perhaps they tried. But Poll Daddy seemed to handle everything well.
  19.    #619  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I'm in 100% agreement. Ehh... maybe not about the $$$ for something that's really only benefiting LaptopMag...

But the Front Page *is* a powerful tool. I've said it a hundred times, but people just don't believe for some reason. They act like only a few hundred people check the Front Page everyday. Now we have proof!!
    Palm benefits from the exposure, and the credibility that comes from what just happened. It was a major upset, but the incredible volume of votes says a lot about the strength of Palm when people give webOS a try.

What I found interesting is how much the pre lost ground when the article wasn't on top. Is it possible that precentral readers are unfamiliar with the page-down key?

It was amazing to see the Pre come from way behind within minutes of the first article, then fall quickly when it moved down, and then rebound again when they put it back, etc etc.

It says precentral users know what they are looking for and only see the top headline before going off to the areas they are interested in.

That just has to be money for someone...
    I don't think we should vote for the hero. It would make us look bad. It's low and pathetic we all voted for webos and the pre plus because we thought it was the best smartphone.

now if you think a hero is better than a driod by all means vote. But I can bet most of us would take a droid over a hero in a heart beat.