1.    #1  
    I was reading the Pixi review today and found it interesting that someone was able to switch to a Pixi after a certain number of warranty replacements.

The catalyst for her switch was Sprint's policy of allowing its customers to switch devices after a certain number of warranty replacements (hint hint)
    My question is what is Sprints policy on how many replacements before you can change to a different device?

I'm not saying I'm ready to get rid of the Pre yet but after 3 replacements I'm just trying to keep my options open.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I expect that it is 3 replacements ( typical "no Lemon" policy )

Would be interested in this for Bell too...had 3 Pre's now. Really love the phone when it is not restarting, dead pixels, heats spots, oreo etc...

The sad part is I really love the phone... 3rd PRe coming today hope all goes well.

Take care,
    Leo
    just put the 800mhz on it and the phone is the best i have a hero whats ok but the internet browser the youtube the gps is much better on the pre and the running the pandora or slacker radio and gps at the same time over ur car stereo and if u need to make a rurn the phone is so smart to turn down the volume for the pandora slacker or music player makes the gps lady speaks loud and after she is done cranks up the volume from the music again and the hero does that to with exception that both music and gps at the same volume and u cant her her taling also if u get a call on the hero and have gps running the navigation system will be canceled u lose it on the pre it still runs even with a call. and the mytether is just a big point on its own to keep the pre the screen is awesome and all other touchscreen phones when u use them outside u cant see the screen anymore its like dark even so its lighted up a typical touchscreen issues the pres screen adjust to the light and u can see the screen just great in sunlight outside no change on a hero or moment or instinct no way even on a touch pro 2. there just some things the pre is superior to other phones.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    just put the 800mhz on it and the phone is the best i have a hero whats ok but the internet browser the youtube the gps is much better on the pre and the running the pandora or slacker radio and gps at the same time over ur car stereo and if u need to make a rurn the phone is so smart to turn down the volume for the pandora slacker or music player makes the gps lady speaks loud and after she is done cranks up the volume from the music again and the hero does that to with exception that both music and gps at the same volume and u cant her her taling also if u get a call on the hero and have gps running the navigation system will be canceled u lose it on the pre it still runs even with a call. and the mytether is just a big point on its own to keep the pre the screen is awesome and all other touchscreen phones when u use them outside u cant see the screen anymore its like dark even so its lighted up a typical touchscreen issues the pres screen adjust to the light and u can see the screen just great in sunlight outside no change on a hero or moment or instinct no way even on a touch pro 2. there just some things the pre is superior to other phones.
    Haha I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I wasn't really debating on getting rid of my Pre because on Sprint I don't really see a better phone right now.

My gf has the hero and I was impressed at first, now I think the thing just can't compare to the Pre with the exception of the App catalog.

My question was just in the event that I continue to have problems I'd like to know my options.
    I was told 3 by "executive services," but when I attempted to actually push the issue after my 3rd Pre they wouldn't do it. Ended up leaving Sprint and heading back to my previous carrier. Love WebOS to death (still have a Pre on Sprint in the house) but kept having hardware issues while on the road with work, and it simply could not go on.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasondelliott View Post
    I was told 3 by "executive services," but when I attempted to actually push the issue after my 3rd Pre they wouldn't do it. Ended up leaving Sprint and heading back to my previous carrier. Love WebOS to death (still have a Pre on Sprint in the house) but kept having hardware issues while on the road with work, and it simply could not go on.
    What did you switch to?
    sorry to hear that jasondelliot. and kuruption i didnt think you wanted to leave sprint and the pre just gave you my experience i do have an hero i loved some things on it like crazy like the live widgets for twitter and stuff they just rock but the touchscreen is rather medicore and you cant see it out in the sun light that is bad. and since i love watching youtube the pre has a way better picture and web is better on the pre period. well battery life we dont need to talk about that we webos users know how much it sucks lol i exhannged my pre 5 times never could get a different device always needed to be the pre. but the first one was the new one that broke then i got 3 refurbished once they sucked and sprint then sented me a new one and this one runds. its not a refurb one. try to get a new one. refurb once seem to have preobelms.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I think its on case by case issue when your in most stores. I'm on my 4th Pre and it was a new one after 2 replacements. My 3rd Pre replacement #2 had keyboard issues on the first day. When I came in and they found out I had had it for less than a day, they gave me the new one. That was in October and I still have it.
    It's three. But and this is a big but. It's not a phone of your choice. They have a list that you choose from (Warranty Exchange list) and you can choose from there. But you have you be having considerable issues with the phone and there has to be a known issue for the phone as well and the problem you are having. Also on top of those you have you have a generous Tech agent willing to give you the exchange, Best bet might be going to a service store..They are real lazy and dont mind it after 3 really.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    sorry to hear that jasondelliot. and kuruption i didnt think you wanted to leave sprint and the pre just gave you my experience i do have an hero i loved some things on it like crazy like the live widgets for twitter and stuff they just rock but the touchscreen is rather medicore and you cant see it out in the sun light that is bad. and since i love watching youtube the pre has a way better picture and web is better on the pre period. well battery life we dont need to talk about that we webos users know how much it sucks lol i exhannged my pre 5 times never could get a different device always needed to be the pre. but the first one was the new one that broke then i got 3 refurbished once they sucked and sprint then sented me a new one and this one runds. its not a refurb one. try to get a new one. refurb once seem to have preobelms.
    Thanks for the response, yeah the screen on the hero is garbage, even when you clean the thing off it still looks cloudy (at least on my gf's).

Just for the record while its only been a couple of weeks I'm really happy with this replacement, I mean even though its a refurb its kind of nice to be able to start fresh without all those dings and scratches on my previous units. I'm not saying I beat my phone up but it happens.

I hope this refurb works out though. If this one does die though I will try and get a new Pre to see if that helps, but it seems like some people have better luck than others with getting a brand new Pre after a couple refurbs.