1.    #1  
    After 1.4 I had the relatively common problem with the camera app not opening and giving a gray screen after recording video. This was unresponsive to doctoring, which fixed it for a little while, but it returned. Last week after recording a video successfully, the battery got very hot and started dropping charge dramatically. Removing the battery stopped that. Since then I can open the camera app every time, showing the right controls. I can select the video and it records just fine. However, I cannot take pictures. The flash goes off, the screen freezes just as if it were taking a pic. What is left is a clear placemat with an X in the middle. If I try to open one of these with Photoshop I get the following error message:

"Could not open "J: DCIM......CIMGG0068.jpg" because an invalid second SOI or SOFn JPEG marker found."

This sounds to me like the correct format is not being written for pics. I am also assuming that if the camera records video perfectly, this is not a camera issue. Anyone understand that message, or is anyone else having this specific problem? I have no patches related to the camera at all.
    I have the gray screen issue which is unacceptable! It's the most touted feature of 1.4 and it does not work.
    Its happening to me on my old PRE and now the replacement PRE - sometimes I have to reset the device 2 or 3 times before I can get the camera and not just the gray screen
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    1.4.1 is coming.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    1.4.1 is coming.
    Not fast enough for me.