Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got my Palm Pre on first day, I love it and I bought one Palm Pre for everyone on my family. I use all its functionality more and more, facebook 4 email accounts, calendar, taking photos, web browsing, etc.,

But it is really there are two things that really frustrate me, battery life (it does not last a day) I have a Touchstone on my desk at work, a car charger and a touchstone at home, so can be sure that i won't run out of battery.

The second thing that it frustrate me is memory, i get the too may cards open quite often even if nothing is open, yeterday i was at The Sony Ericsson Open, wanted trying to take photos, updating facebook, PDF viewer of the schedule, etc. and I was getting the now infamous "too may cards open " error quite ofen.

Sprint needs to get the Pre Plus if doesn't waht Palm customers to go to Verizon.

Any one else has the same frustrations?

Jorge
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Do you have JsTop installed? If not it will greatly help with too many cards.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I also would like to know if Sprint will get the Pre Plus.
    I'm telling you right now, if the Palm Pre Plus is the official "next" Palm phone for Sprint rather than a real new Palm Pre 2 phone (new processor, 4G, etc), I will be highly disappointed.

And before people slam my response, the reasoning for my frustration is due to owning the Sprint Overdrive for the last 3 weeks. 4G - especially MOBILE 4G is addictive. I've replaced my Comcast Internet service because of the Overdrive and I think it would be wonderful if I had a phone that could replace my Comcast Internet, MinoHD, digital camera, etc. The one phone that does this is the HTC EVO 4G.

If Palm comes out with something comparable to the HTC EVO 4G, I will choose Palm over it. Not only do I love webOS over Android, but at this point, it's political for me. Palm is definitely the most "open" in regards to it's OS development etc and I tend to fight for the underdog.

Like I said, 4G rules. Palm needs to take advantage of this. Give me a 4G enabled Palm webOS phone with mobile hotspot and I'm ready to sign...

Oh yea...this is kinda off topic but saw "How to train your dragon" this weekend. What a great movie. I may be 30 something but this movie was absolutely phenomenal. The storyline was top notch and compliments the effects very well. Take your kids, go alone, go with a friend and watch it in either 3D or IMAX 3D.
    I don't think you have to worry about that. The "Plus" phones contributed to their embarrassing sellthrough last quarter just as much as the regular versions did. If Palm hasn't realized that, Sprint most certainly has and will relegate a rehashed Pre and Pixi to the back of their lineup, while pushing big screen powerhouses like the Nexus One, Evo 4G, and the first Windows Phone Series 7 device WAAAAY to the front. Dan Hesse has explicitly said that he wants bigger-screened devices for them to sell 4G video services/content on.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Hopefully NEVER... We need the Pre 2 as our next webOS phone... or whatever the c40 is
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    hopefully never. For everyones sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Hopefully NEVER... We need the Pre 2 as our next webOS phone... or whatever the c40 is
    +3827409126359617245

this topic has already been discussed.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...us-sprint.html

sorry i spend too much time on here lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    +298668. If sprint don't get just a plus than I will be getting the EVO
  10.    #10  
    No, I don't have JsTop installed, I just dont want to deal with the fact of "me" correcting the issues of the device. Palm Pree is a device on production in multiple contries, and many updates to the software, the best and most advertised functionality besides the GUI is the ability to do multitasking, if multitasking stops working because the software has memorey leaks on my book this should be at the top of the priority list to be fixed.
  11.    #11  
    If we get a Pre-2 instead of Pre Plus fine with me. We are the first group of people that supported the Pre, it is time to get the better phone.
    Yeah, although sprint was the first to support/carry the Palm Pre it doesn't guarantee that Sprint will be the first to receive the new Palm device.. The general consensus is yes but it's not a guarantee.

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Quintana View Post
    No, I don't have JsTop installed, I just dont want to deal with the fact of "me" correcting the issues of the device. Palm Pree is a device on production in multiple contries, and many updates to the software, the best and most advertised functionality besides the GUI is the ability to do multitasking, if multitasking stops working because the software has memorey leaks on my book this should be at the top of the priority list to be fixed.
    Ok, that's your choice. To ignore an easy fix for a problem though because you insist someone else must fix it for you will only lead to disappointment and/or a long wait. Personally, I take the easy fix and am perfectly happy with my phone. To each his own.
    Just got off the phone with a Palm Rep and asked this question. She stated, "Sprint will not be getting the Pre or Pixi Plues for a while."
    Quote Originally Posted by lou27md View Post
    Just got off the phone with a Palm Rep and asked this question. She stated, "Sprint will not be getting the Pre or Pixi Plues for a while."
    i wouldn't put too much weight behind what they say....

I actually wonder if verizon will be the first to get the new palm jesus phone. Sprint will no doubt be pushing the EVO heavily and att has iphone as usual. Droid is becoming old news.

hope that's not the case because I choose carriers over phones and I don't see myself leaving sprint anytime soon as I'm in a 4G market.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    hopefully never. For everyones sale.
    Well, I actually suspect it would make $en$e for Palm to stop manufacturing the "normal" Pre/Pixi and just make the Plus models. They're really too similar to keep making both IMHO. If I was them, I'd do that now ... just sell existing inventory ... which might take a while at the existing rate ... and then switch Sprint to the Plus models.

I see this as really a separate issue from what the "next" model will be and where/when it will land. But I agree in the sense that they need to make a much bigger splash with their next phone ... and I hope that splash is with Sprint.
    I'm starting to have this feeling the Pre & Pixi plus will come to Sprint and that will be the next device until next Summer...
    Yeah for real. I want to see some 4G Palm love. I don't have 4G service yet in my area but when it comes here, I'm certainly getting it. The Pre Plus would be cool to have but put a better processor on it (although if they just overclocked the processor that would work also...).

Maybe it will be called The Palm Post. Get it? Pre. Post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Ok, that's your choice. To ignore an easy fix for a problem though because you insist someone else must fix it for you will only lead to disappointment and/or a long wait. Personally, I take the easy fix and am perfectly happy with my phone. To each his own.
    I just installed JsTop and can't exactly figure out what it's for. Does just having it installed reduce "Too Many Cards" errors, or is there something special I need to have it do?

Or is there a thread somewhere with more information?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast