Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    yes but are there any rumors of anything new coming to sprint ( and dont say evo ) that would be considered its replacement?

it is already known that alot of stores are not carrying it anymore (for sprint). Radioshack, bestbuy (at least on its website.. err it appears it is back up), etc
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    personally, I predict they will get it sometime this year... It makes sense that Palm would want everyone offering the Plus... and there should be enough Pre users on sprint that would trade up to make it worthwhile...

Just like each Treo upgrade eventually came to each carrier years ago...

And when they went from the 700w to the 700wx, they got every carrier that sold the 700w to change to the 700wx.

Based on what I've read, I think Palm's next new hardware will be shipping in Q1 of next year, but it's clear that they are going to continue rolling out the Pre+ (and Pixi+) on new carriers. I don't see any downside to Palm or Sprint to make the Plus available to Sprint. If not, Palm could start offering unlocked phones....

...the only thing I am an expert on is my opinion. I know exactly what my opinion is.
    I heard it's coming July 17th.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    it would be funny if Radio Shack picked it up (Sprint or AT&T) and started restocking their touchstone and accessory inventory, after blowing all that stuff out over the last few weeks at crazy prices...
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I heard it's coming July 17th.
    purple, monkey, dishwasher.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdum101 View Post
    purple, monkey, dishwasher.
    You too? I thought I was the only one!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    yes but are there any rumors of anything new coming to sprint ( and dont say evo ) that would be considered its replacement?

it is already known that alot of stores are not carrying it anymore (for sprint). Radioshack, bestbuy (at least on its website.. err it appears it is back up), etc
    So sorry, but the only thing I'm aware of coming to Sprint any time soon IS the EVO. If Palm has something up it''s sleeve, it had better let it be know soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Based on what I've read, I think Palm's next new hardware will be shipping in Q1 of next year, but it's clear that they are going to continue rolling out the Pre+ (and Pixi+) on new carriers. I don't see any downside to Palm or Sprint to make the Plus available to Sprint. If not, Palm could start offering unlocked phones....
    I think that Sprint will get the Pre+/Pixi+, but only ultimately as low- and mid-tier products. That's because I also expect to see the next-gen Palm device (already in Palm's roadmap) on Sprint in the August-September timeframe, and then on other carriers 30-60 days after that. The Pixi+ will be positioned as the "free" Palm device, the Pre+ will be priced at $49, and the next-gen will be $149-$199 (depending on specs; I'm hoping the latter).

I think we won't see an HP Palm device until early in Q1 2011, perhaps announced at CES. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say we'll see a webOS tablet in early Q4 of this year, again something already in Palm's pipeline.

The only reason we aren't seeing something sooner (in June) is that Palm simply doesn't have the money. However, once HP can open the spigots on August 1, I think we'll start getting more product news than we can shake a stick at.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    i would wait in line for a plus on sprint.... i love the pre form factor and would really like to see first hand, the advantages of more ram
    Is it possible to unlock a Plam Pre Plus from Verizon and use it on the Sprint network? I have a friend of mine who has one and will give it to me if I can get it to work on my Sprint network. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also if it can be done, is the plus that much better then the origianl pre? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by garrisonboy View Post
    Is it possible to unlock a Plam Pre Plus from Verizon and use it on the Sprint network? I have a friend of mine who has one and will give it to me if I can get it to work on my Sprint network. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also if it can be done, is the plus that much better then the origianl pre? Thanks!

Search is your friend....while the search tools on this forum are not always the best, try going to google and entering this: "unlock palm pre plus on sprint site:forums.precentral.net" (without the quotation marks).

You will see quite a few existing threads on this topic.
    I have done a search on precental.net and also google. There are a lot of topics about this subject, but no one has actually given an answer on weather or not you can unlock a pre plus from verizon and have it work on the Sprint network. So if anyone out there knows, please let me know. Thanks!
    <<thread moved to help get answers>>

Hi Garrisonboy, and Welcome to the P|C forums!

I'm moving your post to the main area to see if we can get some of our Pre 'experts' to chime in and get you the answers!
    Quote Originally Posted by garrisonboy View Post
    I have done a search on precental.net and also google. There are a lot of topics about this subject, but no one has actually given an answer on weather or not you can unlock a pre plus from verizon and have it work on the Sprint network. So if anyone out there knows, please let me know. Thanks!

Garrisonboy, it is logical that this is possible (both are CDMA networks) but the only problem is that Sprint is very strict about this and will not register a Verizon unlocked device onto its network (or any other carrier device for that matter). This is probably why you can't find anyone who has had luck performing this action. Sprint does not allow such activations.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Garrisonboy, it is logical that this is possible (both are CDMA networks) but the only problem is that Sprint is very strict about this and will not register a Verizon unlocked device onto its network (or any other carrier device for that matter). This is probably why you can't find anyone who has had luck performing this action. Sprint does not allow such activations.
    well that sucks :/ would've been awesome. guess i'll just have to wait for the next webOS device to reach Sprint.......-5 years later-
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    well that sucks :/ would've been awesome. guess i'll just have to wait for the next webOS device to reach Sprint.......-5 years later-
    I'm sensing sarcasm. Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Thank you for answering my question, I really appreciate it. Guess I will just have to get a regular Pre
    sprints getting the plus this summer according to reps at the sprint store I go to. Dude had a pre and said his friend was a palm rep. He had preware. I believe him.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I like webOS so much I would get a pre plus if no other palm phones came out this year for Sprint.
    Thanks all for helping out our new member!

If you can wait, I really don't think it will be too long before another webOS device hits Sprint's shelves - be it the Pre+, or a newer device.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast