Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    they will be getting the Pre Plus.
    Any idea when they might get it? We are switching to Sprint next month and I'd want to get the latest version for one of my lines on a family plan.

EDIT: My 1st anniversary at Precentral with my 365th post.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Any idea when they might get it?
    Don't hold your breath - just unfounded rumors at the moment.
    I agree pre+ comes to spint = no money for sprint or plam...... 2nd generation palm phone on web os wit evo hardware and a bit of a smaller screen ( need to fit in my pocket ) = $$$$$$$ just like that everybodys happy just put it out sometime between aug - setember
    Quote Originally Posted by mindonmillions08 View Post
    I agree pre+ comes to spint = no money for sprint or plam...... 2nd generation palm phone on web os wit evo hardware and a bit of a smaller screen ( need to fit in my pocket ) = $$$$$$$ just like that everybodys happy just put it out sometime between aug - setember
    What is this web os wit evo you speak of? Is wit some kind of integration software?
    Sprint must be getting the pre plus or something new because bestbuy Is making my wife pick up a different phone today. Bestbuy lady told me the palm pre has been discontinued and her store will not be getting anymore. I asked her if the plus was coming or a new device but she told me the computer isn't showing any yet. She will be switching to android today she had no choice the pixi is also being discontinued.
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
    i can't wait to see a pre 2 in wild, i know its bit early right now but hey a guy can dream can't he?
    Why is it that Sprint debuted the Pre, but then Verizon and AT&T are now the only ones who carry the Pre Plus?

I can't find any info on it.
    palm improved on the original. Once sprint gets rid of their pre inventory, I'm sure they will get the plus.
    I wouldn't worry so much about getting the plus. Palm hopefully will be releasing some new ardware in mid summer to stay competitive. Then you just have to hope it goes to Sprint soon.

I would love it Verizon and Sprint and AT&T got in at once but that won't happen.
    it's called "marketing". Palm needed the money so had to go exclusive w/AT&T & Verizon on the Plus line to get their buy in. That exclusivity agreement is about to expire and Plus should find its way to Sprint.
    I was really disappointed when Apple signed on for another year of exclusivity with AT&T.
    Last edited by AOW; 05/18/2010 at 08:57 PM.
    if you like ***** so much switch carriers I hear they have good plans and wonderful service haha.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't believe that Sprint's next Palm device(s) will be the Pre+/Pixi+, and I certainly hope they're not. I'll be extremely disappointed and surprised if the next Sprint device isn't the next-gen. Maybe Sprint will carry the Pre+/Pixi+ as different tiered products, but if the only "new" product from Palm in the next 90 days or so is the Pre+/Pixi+ on Sprint, then I'll be a monkey's uncle.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Good point. It's not like I'd switch to a new phone sometime soon anyways.
    My friend at palm says that the plus might launch this summer.
    my contact at what used to be Palm Corp. said it was all up in the air since the acquisition. The marketing depts. are still topsy turvy
    If the Pre + shows up before I get a new phone and they improve all the crappy things about the Pre I might entertain a Pre +
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    my contact at what used to be Palm Corp. said it was all up in the air since the acquisition. The marketing depts. are still topsy turvy
    The HP purchase still hasn't gone through yet. Right now Palm Inc is still Palm Inc.
    i would be happy with a pre plus on sprint.. i love the form factor
    I want more than just a plus'd version!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)