Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Alot of people don't want a 4G phone if they are going to charge $10 a month. I mostly use WiFi.
    If they want to ***** about having to pay $10 to support a new network, then they can switch to Verizon or AT&T where they'll pay $40 more for less.
    Can Sprint really do that to their customers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    Can Sprint really do that to their customers?
    Yes.
    I would leave Sprint if faced with that situation.
    Weird, I just saw an online-ad for sprint, and it said palm pre, then had a picture of the palm pre plus...

correction the ad was for palm

pic of the ad.

http://i44.tinypic.com/35c4o4p.jpg
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    They may not be carrying the Pre anymore, but that doesn't exclude a Pre Plus or another Palm phone.
    Ok if the Pre Plus is coming to Sprint... why wont they replace it with the Plus....
    Sprint won't carry the Pre Plus IMO. I am hoping they get first dibs on the next Pre but without exclusivity.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The main issue is that most phones only have a life-cycle of 1 year. The Pre is coming up on it's 1 year mark and it's not unexpected that they are not advertising it much anymore especially considering the June 4th launch date for the Evo and its advertising campaign. We haven't heard anything about any kind of discontinuation of the Pre and I imagine we'll continue to sell them as long as Sprint has inventory. I like the android units a lot but I still prefer the Pre for a lot of different reasons and I recommend it to all my customers.

The $10 a month extra will only apply to the Evo 4G, if you actually plan on using 4G I think it's money well spent, and if you only use Wifi you're probably still paying less than Verizon or AT&T customers with iPhones/Droids. The Evo is going to be a pretty amazing phone.

At this point I wish Sprint/Palm would make some sort of announcement concerning the next WebOS device so those of us who love WebOS don't go out and buy a Evo when the next amazing Palm phone comes out two months later.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    At this point I wish Sprint/Palm would make some sort of announcement concerning the next WebOS device so those of us who love WebOS don't go out and buy a Evo when the next amazing Palm phone comes out two months later.
    They really can't right now with the AT&T launch imminent. I think Palm will leak something or even announce something before the Evo release date to keep their early adopters from jumping ship. *fingers crossed*
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    sprint rep I talked to confirmed they are getting the plus.
    so does this mean if I swap my pre out I'll be eligible for the plus, I really wouldn't want to downgrade to a pixi and I'd hate to leave webOS for the Moment
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    did anyone see the overblown promo's of the Palm Pre on Sprint during last weeks Survivor. If they were going to quit carrying it, I doubt they would have hyped it so much in prime time, unless of course they are trying to get rid of back inventory. I was surprised it wasn't hyping the EVO or whatever. Long live the Pre! Still on launch day Pre (actually 2 days after launch)
    Guess I'll be waiting for them to change over to the Pre Plus and then using my TEP because my phone does quirky things sometimes....
    Quote Originally Posted by mc25mc View Post
    did anyone see the overblown promo's of the Palm Pre on Sprint during last weeks Survivor. If they were going to quit carrying it, I doubt they would have hyped it so much in prime time, unless of course they are trying to get rid of back inventory. I was surprised it wasn't hyping the EVO or whatever. Long live the Pre! Still on launch day Pre (actually 2 days after launch)
    FWIW, Survivor: Heroes v. Villains was shot immediately after Survivor: Samoa was completed. Both "seasons" featured episodes sponsored by Sprint/Palm Pre. Since the Samoa finale aired in Dec. 2009, the current Survivor season would have most likely been wrapped before Thanksgiving '09 when the Palm Pre was still relatively new and the wonders of webOS & Homebrew were gaining momentum.

Less to do with any current stock levels and more to do with the show airing seven months (+/-) after it was actually filmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottitude View Post
    FWIW, Survivor: Heroes v. Villains was shot immediately after Survivor: Samoa was completed. Both "seasons" featured episodes sponsored by Sprint/Palm Pre. Since the Samoa finale aired in Dec. 2009, the current Survivor season would have most likely been wrapped before Thanksgiving '09 when the Palm Pre was still relatively new and the wonders of webOS & Homebrew were gaining momentum.

Less to do with any current stock levels and more to do with the show airing seven months (+/-) after it was actually filmed.
    Can't say for sure cuz I didn't see it, but someone mentioned shooting video, that would imply post 1.4, and thus this year some time...
    Quote Originally Posted by nrcsbrooks2 View Post
    so does this mean if I swap my pre out I'll be eligible for the plus, I really wouldn't want to downgrade to a pixi and I'd hate to leave webOS for the Moment
    That is generally how TEP works. If they no longer carry the phone you have then you would get the next one that they do carry. For example I had the HTC Touch and it went south. Well they no longer had that phone so they upgraded me to the Touch Pro.

If they no longer carry the device they replace it with what they consider the most comparable. If the phone has been upgraded then that is it. If they were to no longer carry a Web OS device I am unsure what they would consider "equivalent" but I suspect there would be a couple choices.
    This seems odd... I have had older phones that my sprint store has had no problem replacing... even when outside of the "1 year life" of the phone. Granted, my sprint store does not carry the replacements in stock, but they order it, and it gets overnighted to the store, so basically I have to go in, they take a look at my phone, say its broken, and i come back 2 days later to pick up my new phone. I can do so with my old instinct still, and they just replaced my dad's 4 year old i760
    Phones -> Motorola i60c, i80, i215, i730, i880(maroon), Samsung Instinct(SPH-M800), Palm Pre

Palm Devices ->3com Palm III, Palm m100, m130, m500, Zire 71, PalmOne Zire 72, LifeDrive, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottitude View Post

Are you Coach?
    I know one thing for sure...I don't want a samsung moment. why? Too big and not cute at all. You guys thing you problems with the pre/plus,wait until you get a different device. You'll be on here complaining about- my pre/plus give some problems,but not like this.

Sometime we don't appreciate what we have until we loose it.