Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    I'm telling you right now, if the Palm Pre Plus is the official "next" Palm phone for Sprint rather than a real new Palm Pre 2 phone (new processor, 4G, etc), I will be highly disappointed.

And before people slam my response, the reasoning for my frustration is due to owning the Sprint Overdrive for the last 3 weeks. 4G - especially MOBILE 4G is addictive. I've replaced my Comcast Internet service because of the Overdrive and I think it would be wonderful if I had a phone that could replace my Comcast Internet, MinoHD, digital camera, etc. The one phone that does this is the HTC EVO 4G.

If Palm comes out with something comparable to the HTC EVO 4G, I will choose Palm over it. Not only do I love webOS over Android, but at this point, it's political for me. Palm is definitely the most "open" in regards to it's OS development etc and I tend to fight for the underdog.

Like I said, 4G rules. Palm needs to take advantage of this. Give me a 4G enabled Palm webOS phone with mobile hotspot and I'm ready to sign...

Oh yea...this is kinda off topic but saw "How to train your dragon" this weekend. What a great movie. I may be 30 something but this movie was absolutely phenomenal. The storyline was top notch and compliments the effects very well. Take your kids, go alone, go with a friend and watch it in either 3D or IMAX 3D.
    I agree with you 100% on this.. was going to post about the same thing then decided to read the actual thread. IMO Palm shouldn't waste a single dollar trying to move the pre+ to a new carrier. A pre 2 with ultra high end specs, and some decent hardware follow through and I'd be a customer for life. WebOS is really all it's cracked up to be, and could easily win me over android on a device with the appropriate specification.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Well, I actually suspect it would make $en$e for Palm to stop manufacturing the "normal" Pre/Pixi and just make the Plus models. They're really too similar to keep making both IMHO. If I was them, I'd do that now ... just sell existing inventory ... which might take a while at the existing rate ... and then switch Sprint to the Plus models.

I see this as really a separate issue from what the "next" model will be and where/when it will land. But I agree in the sense that they need to make a much bigger splash with their next phone ... and I hope that splash is with Sprint.
    That's interesting. I wonder if it would be cheaper to re-tool existing phones in inventory to simply have the greater memory than to build new ones from scratch?

I'd buy one, if it was reasonable. even if I did still have the totally useless button in the gesture area.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Has anybody heard any talk of whether or not the Palm Pre Plus will ever be coming to Sprint?
    doubt it. We are probably getting the pre 2 aaround summer time.
    Just try and wait for the next device. If there is one.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post
    doubt it. We are probably getting the pre 2 aaround summer time.
    Not sure about that. A lot depends on what happens with this buyout stuff. The next several months are going to be very unpredictable.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    why is everybody asking the same question.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    why is everybody asking the same question.
    the bigger question is why does everyone seem to want a stupid pre plus to come to sprint. um helllo people, we need a 2nd gen device....not 1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    the bigger question is why does everyone seem to want a stupid pre plus to come to sprint. um helllo people, we need a 2nd gen device....not 1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    haha I know!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I agree!... a second generation device would be much cooler!! but with the buyout stuff going on, who's to say there will be a second generation device. And if there is... it's probably not coming out in the next 6 months or so. So basically my question of discussion was "is the Pre Plus going to be coming to Sprint, so that I can snag that while I wait for a second generation device? or is there any talk of a second generation device coming to Sprint anytime soon?"... in fact, I am also curious as to whether there is talk of a second generation device even in the making?
    Actually, this is a legitmate question. I too, want a "next gen" device from Palm on the Sprint network; however, those that don't want to pony up the money have the Pre, not the Pre+. If/when Sprint goes with the Pre+, that will be the replacement device (eventually) for broken a broken Pre, especially those covered by TEP.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, this is a legitmate question. I too, want a "next gen" device from Palm on the Sprint network; however, those that don't want to pony up the money have the Pre, not the Pre+. If/when Sprint goes with the Pre+, that will be the replacement device (eventually) for broken a broken Pre, especially those covered by TEP.
    Agreed. I don't think it's an either/or situation. At some point, the original Pre/Pixi will simply disappear in everyone's inventory, to be replaced by the Pre+/Pixi+. This doesn't have anything to do with the next gen device.

For me, the bigger question is: if Sprint gets the next gen device, will they continue to sell the Pre/Pixi (+ or -) as extremely low-cost devices, or will they just carry one Palm smartphone?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    if a pre plus is all sprint has to show for come june, what a waste of an upgrade that would be...
    if the Plus came to Sprint... I might get it, just because it'd be like something new for me that's still what I like... a webOS phone and this one will be almost a year old by summer, I've had it since a couple weeks past release (second one, first one took a swim)

but of course if i'm gonna do an upgrade and spend the money i'd much rather have a brand new bad ace webOS model, but if something were coming you'd think they'd be talking about it already, they talked about the Pre for an extremely long time before it came out.
    yeah if they did that upgrade to the plus come june, i'd go straight for the EVO
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morelloX View Post
    if the Plus came to Sprint... I might get it, just because it'd be like something new for me that's still what I like... a webOS phone and this one will be almost a year old by summer, I've had it since a couple weeks past release (second one, first one took a swim)

but of course if i'm gonna do an upgrade and spend the money i'd much rather have a brand new bad ace webOS model, but if something were coming you'd think they'd be talking about it already, they talked about the Pre for an extremely long time before it came out.
    Most likely because the Pre was brand new at the time and they needed to generate some hype.

I'm not saying Palm doesn't need to generate hype for the Pre2, I'm just thinking that Palm doesn't have to generate MASSIVE amounts of hype as people are now kinda familar with the Pre
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    So, does anyone know if/when there will be a Pre 2?
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    +1 on the EVO. My suggestion is that IF (notice it is a 'big' if) Sprint is planning on only keeping the original Pre (Pre -), then everyone needs to start working over their power button....no I mean the one on the phone, internet boy...everyone get replacement Pre's due to the poor hardware, and they should run out in a couple days (hand to forehead), leading them to have to order...u guessed it....lots of Pre + LOL

Why would someone bother using their upgrade to go from the Pre to Pre + tho? If you are going to get yourself stuck on a device for another year, would you honestly not be willing to put up with Android (addressing Android haters directly) to have the EVO?

You get a phone with SICK specs, and only a one year commitment, and if/when Palm gets its act together or bought out, you can switch back to a WebOS on much improved hardware next year! My thoughts are in line with the above poster....Next Gen Palm device has not even gotten a real rumor yet, much less anything confirmed. Don't hold breath.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Would love to see the Plus on Sprint in the meanwhile.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast