1.    #1  
    Can't believe that there is still no way to send a meeting invite/request from our calendars if we do not have exchange. Isn't there a way to patch the calendar to take advantage of the google calendar way ofsending and accepting meeting invites/ requests so that we can actually use our Pre's like they should be able to be used? (Yes, I know this works if you have exchange...but obviously this is for those of us who don't have it.)
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenchild View Post
    Can't believe that there is still no way to send a meeting invite/request from our calendars if we do not have exchange. Isn't there a way to patch the calendar to take advantage of the google calendar way ofsending and accepting meeting invites/ requests so that we can actually use our Pre's like they should be able to be used? (Yes, I know this works if you have exchange...but obviously this is for those of us who don't have it.)
    I know it's not as convenient as a direct patch for sending invites within the calendar (I agree - I would love to have that), but I get around this limitation fairly easily by having my Google calendar automatically accept meeting invitations (you can set this within the Google calendar on your computer web browser), and then you can easily delete appointments you don't want to keep via the Pre's calendar. For sending invitations, that can be done via the Pre's browser. Just log into your Google calendar via the Pre's browser, go to the event you want to send an invitation for (or create the event in the browser if applicable), and then you can add an invitee from the there. It's not as ideal as being able to take care of all our needs directly via the calendar app, but it works for now when you're not near a computer.
  3.    #3  
    Ay,

That's exactly what I'm doing now. Just feeling the pain of moving from a job where I was on an exchange server to real estate sales and no exchange server. Love my pre, but missing my Treo's functionality. Oh the woes of early adoption and circumstance. Ay, Thanks for your contribution.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Unless I'm missing something, you can't create a meeting invite even if you DO have exchange. If I'm wrong, please correct me! This is the sole reason I have to carry the Blackberry in addition to my Pre.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LTrane View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, you can't create a meeting invite even if you DO have exchange. If I'm wrong, please correct me! This is the sole reason I have to carry the Blackberry in addition to my Pre.
    You are correct. My request is a blanket request. If it was possible to patch and someone were to take it on, it wouldn't make any sense to request a patch that only remedied half of the missing functionality. Thanks for your reply.
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LTrane View Post
    Yes, I believe you're correct. I'm not sure what goldenchild was referring to on that point. So far as I know, we can't create invitations directly from within the calendar app on any calendar platforms yet. The issue, again so far as I know, is a "limitation" in WebOS, and is not platform (Google, Exchange, etc.) dependent. The plus about Google is that we can create invitations from within the Palm browser. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if that option is available for Exchange users because I think it's only available if one is using the Internet Explorer browser to log into their Exchange Server. At least I know it used to be this way for me...unless something has changed recently?....
  7.    #7  
    Ay -

Yes...you guys are right...one has never been able to send meeting invites from the pre. However, if you're gonna request something, request something that addresses the entire issue. (Full meeting invite functionality - read and write, ics format...etc.)