Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I no longer get audio notifications when someone IMs me. System Sounds are on, I have a special sound for Messaging alerts, volumes are up to max and ringer switch on top of Pre is not on vibrate-only. Anyone know how to fix? Thanks. thorne
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    I no longer get audio notifications when someone IMs me. System Sounds are on, I have a special sound for Messaging alerts, volumes are up to max and ringer switch on top of Pre is not on vibrate-only. Anyone know how to fix? Thanks. thorne
    Same thing happened to me this morning. I went to all my setting and they were set to the right ringtones. Then i decided to change the ringtone and saw what the problem was. All my system sounds/ringtones were actually gone except "pre". so it was probably trying to play the ringtone i had set but it just wasnt there.

The same thing for my alarm. I woke up late this morning after not hearing my alarm but when i looked at my phone the dismiss option was there so i knew it went off. I figured i just slept thru it or something but it was the same thing. the ringtone i have set for my alarm was gone too.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    My ringtones are still installed so that's not the problem for me. But thanks for letting me know. thorne
    Last edited by thornev; 03/29/2010 at 01:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    My messaging ringtone is back, but at a much lower volume. Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    My messaging ringtone is back, but at a much lower volume. Hmm.
    are you running in Dev mode? I'm pretty new but ran into a problem with my ringtones and notifications-- I had applied a few patches and apps via preware and left my phone in dev mode... not sure what happened in there, but turning off dev mode apparently fixed the issue (although it may have simply been a matter of coincidence and rebooting the phone)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Took mine to the sprint store. Fixed in 30 mins. Lost all my files but they were backed up so its all good.
    I had that prob with the "sms tone per contact" patch. If I didn't set each contact manually, it would not make a noise.