Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Is it possible to use Google Docs on the Pre. I currently put all of my notes into a memo (of which I lost no less than three of this last time I got a new phone) and then email them to myself and copy them into docs.

If I could directly enter the note initially into Google Docs I could skip a step, have everything in one place, and not have to risk losing memos.
    I believe you can only use Google Docs in read only format.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    I believe you can only use Google Docs in read only format.
    Correct.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Is there a phone out that you can edit your Google Docs on the phone either via browser or app?
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    Is there a phone out that you can edit your Google Docs on the phone either via browser or app?
    It looks like it's coming (limited for spreadsheets already), but not that I'm aware of yet for word processing documents at this point in time.

Edit Google Spreadsheets on a Mobile Phone

Accessing Google Docs on your mobile phone : Docs - Google Mobile Help
    I have used google docs for the last several months. Mostly for viewing and small editing of a spreadsheet.

Now oddly I am unable to edit it anymore. When I would tap on a cell it would give me a option to edit the whole row. Then I just change what I needed, hit submit, and then hit refresh (for the calculations).

As of a few days ago, even when im logged in, i cannot edit the file anymore.

Any ideas?
    I can still do basic edits on spreadsheets in g-docs (I just tried), but documents are read-only.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I can still do basic edits on spreadsheets in g-docs (I just tried), but documents are read-only.
    Ya, I just logged into Google docs and signed in, signed out, signed in, edit spreadsheet, saved,etc.

Then accessed it from phone and it was editable again. Not sure why it stopped, but seemed to be working now.

Ive never tried the doc on pre, but odd that you cant edit docs. You would think they would allow at least typing, w/o font editing and what not.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Google spreadsheet docs is awesome!

I have it import stock quotes and perform calculations with the data.

I doubt dataviz can do that even if it were released for webOS
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Something to create and/or edit documents is really needed on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    There's a new app, ClouDocs that lets you open and edit Google Docs (but not, yet Spreadsheets). You can also create a new document to be saved to Google Docs.

It's $1.50

Scratch is the other option, but it's $5. I haven't used it, yet, but is seems to be popular
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I also find the Chapura Memos program really excellent. I migrated all my 1000s of old memos from my TX that way. However, I don't use it much to backup - just as a new memo program.
    Scratch works well. Syncs well both ways - import from and export to Google Docs. You don't have the same robust formatting features, but for basic text editing, it works fine.
    Scratch? is that available in homebrew or app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by shuda View Post
    Scratch? is that available in homebrew or app catalog?
    Both Cloudocs and Scratch are available in the app catalog. I purchased both today. Each has its strengths.

Scratch gives you the formatting options and import options from local html files and web pages, plus pulling from Google Docs.

Cloudocs seems to be integrated more tightly with g-docs but lacks the formatting tools that Scratch has. But has limited editing of spread sheets.

Both are good apps with good support and I'm sure will get better and more robust along the way.
    I concur with pastorrich1 I emailed Cloudocs this weekend requesting features.
    Scratch is $5 in the App Catalog. I'm not sure if it does spreadsheets and presentations though. ClouDocs is $1.49 and does documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, but isn't working for everyone at the moment. Some are having issues, some are not. It's a direct sync to Google Docs, though, so once the issues are ironed out it'll be a pretty dope app.