Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, Today the back light on my screen stopped working, I could barely see what was on the screen. Also it was having a major over heating problem (I had worries it was going to melt at some point) So I did what I thought would be a good idea and took it to a sprint repair center.

After waiting an hr for the tech to come back from lunch I was informed that because the little plastic part that covers the front speaker had broken off (yea that 1 cent part). My warranty was void and I was going to have to pay the 100 bucks and have one sent to me.

I tried to explain that it had broken off in my pocket (which it did) to no avail. I had babied my phone the only other marks were from it being in my pocket.

So i drove to another repair center. I then asked the tech there to "please help me bring faith back into sprint" at which point I was informed that no it is not covered and i would have to call for a replacement.

This is where I'm ****ed so, it 100 bucks either way. So I turned around from the tech opened the door and proceeded to Throw my Pre accoss the parking lot making my phone turn into Pixi dust lol. got in my car and left.

My phone was "lost" at that point. replacement should be here in 1-2 days

So that's my rant. Has ANYONE else had there warranty voided over something SOO small and stupid?
    Wait, dont you need to return the defective phone? how are you going to do that now lol
    ^ He has Total Equipment Protection. It covers lost/stolen phones as well as damaged phones, whether or not the owner themselves are at fault for the physical damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Wait, dont you need to return the defective phone? how are you going to do that now lol
    The phone was no longer defective at this point! onceit was out of sight it was a lost phone!

Probably still had to pay the 100.00 deductible though
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Ooookkkk excuss me guys, im in a happy place right now after a few heinkens lol
  6.    #6  
    Oh yea. the deductible will be on my next bill.
    I was just so mad that a 1 cent part really?

Im gonna be right behind you with a few drinks
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    The phone was no longer defective at this point! onceit was out of sight it was a lost phone!

Yeah he does and he has to file the claim as lost or stolen with Asurion since he no longer has the phone to send to them. Hopefully he also called Sprint and reported it as lost or stolen just so in case it still miraculously works, nobody can pick it up and run up a huge bill overages and/or international calls (which the OP would probably feel Sprint is somehow responsible for lol).
    Last edited by rawvega; 03/29/2010 at 12:27 AM.
    Actually, I had broken off the usb cover and the power button and Sprint just took it without any questions and replaced it for me. I guess it depends where you go.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Yeah i guess since they would have a lot extras laying around, that they would just replace it on the spot.
  10. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    ummm...just do the warranty through palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by SA Shaggy View Post

This is where I'm ****ed so, it 100 bucks either way. So I turned around from the tech opened the door and proceeded to Throw my Pre accoss the parking lot making my phone turn into Pixi dust lol. got in my car and left.

My phone was "lost" at that point. replacement should be here in 1-2 days

So that's my rant. Has ANYONE else had there warranty voided over something SOO small and stupid?
    Yo man next time you buy a phone get it at Best Buy i feel your pain sprints insurance sucks! bestbuy covers everything no matter what! if you get a small scratch on your pre just break it and go get a new one!! believe me man i think im on my 10th pre i just got mines replaced yesterday!! with these types of phones and their cheap hardware Best Buy protection plan is the way to go.
    Weird, why do some Sprint repair centers like to act as if they're police officers. I mean come on. TEP means replace it without charge. If it was like totally damage, then yeah pay the hundred bucks. But for something small and pointless why bother denied a customer for that. But yeah. My power button got stuck and I didn't have to pay that hundred bucks. But, you should next time email or write a letter to Dan Hesse, CEO Sprint and let him know your issue they can help you. I always do! For anything, because customer service LOVES to play games... xD
    I've never had a problem with Sprint's insurance, even during the famous "kill our customer base on purpose" timeframe. The two times I've called them to get a repair or replacement on a phone, I've given them the reason, and they told me what to say instead, so the insurance company didn't refuse the claim.

This is a third-party thing, TEP isn't Sprint. I forget what company is was when I used it last. If Sprint takes the phone back, and the claim is refused (yes, for a 1 cent part, it doesn't affect the functionality of the phone.) the store gets hit for the replacement price. I mean, if you have full insurance on your car, including comprehensive that covers you for chipped windshields, you won't get them to repaint the car if you melt the paint with a hot crock pot..............

It's actually better if you do it over the phone to Sprint directly, rather than through a store. It doesn't take any longer, unless it changed, you still get your new phone in a couple of days, and a shipping box to send the old one back at their expense, and you're more likely to get a replacement with little hassle.
    it has alot to do with how you present yourself and what kind of mood your in and what kind of mood or day the sprint tech. is in. Remember they have to deal with jerks with attitudes all day so the nicer you are even if your upset the better the outcome will be. (well of course not always)
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Thank goodness for Bestbuy protection--$10 a month and a $0 deductible --they replace everything : ) --I figure it like this...normally phone companies offer insurance for about 6 bucks or so--then you have a deductible as well --so why not pay bestbuy instead?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

But they don't get a phone to refurb and sell again!
    I had something like this happen to me I went there bc my spacebar didn't work and after they looked at it and told me notthing was wrong I sat there and pressed it in front of them and showed them the cursor didn't move they then told me it only moves when you enter words ****ing there not techs there idoits that don't know **** about anythingi now have a 6 month old pre with a broke spacebar .so I went out and bought an iphone and use my pre as a door stop
    You screwed up by not getting a second opinion on the matter, which is FREE.

I'd have simply pointed to the TEP brochure, where it says it covers "normal wear and tear". Ask the rep what his/her definition of TEAR is... and keep asking it until s/he answers, or until they shed a TEAR.

If they're still arrogantly stubborn... that TEP brochure has a "dispute hotline" of sorts, which could have alleviated your ills. If the phone truly had no scratches or scuff marks (pretty tough)... you could have paid for the advance exchange and they would have credited your money back if it were truly scratch-free. The 1 cent piece is irrelevant, and the rep misled you by saying that.... but a 1 cent piece and some scratches is signs of physical abuse, in which case, you'd need to pay the $100 deductible.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    You screwed up by not getting a second opinion on the matter, which is FREE.
    He went to two different repair centers. I am pretty sure he never once mentioned the same tech working in both centers.
    i had a very similar situation this weekend as well... after the rep told me id have to pay for the replacement due to a cosmetic crack on the phone casing that voided it, i called him out on it. he knew and i knew it had zero to do with my phone constantly being jammed in headset mode, he even agreed. finally he just said well to be honest its just not worth it to me to send your phone in... i wanted to crush the phone and throw it in his face
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast