1.    #1  
    anyone have this happen recently? I'll get the error even when I'm not trying to open one, happens usually when I have the browser open. Interesting.
    Have you looked in the other 3 threads that is already out about this?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Have you looked in the other 3 threads that is already out about this?
    When I typed in "too many cards" while making the thread topic, the only ones that popped up were general.

Thanks for your constructive input, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    When I typed in "too many cards" while making the thread topic, the only ones that popped up were general.

Thanks for your constructive input, though.
    Just saying, but this happens when I'm in the middle of a call for some reason
    I get it when I'm playing 3d games a bunch. Usually it's because an app is set to fire off every so often and there's not enough memory for it to.

So like, Weather Dashboard, or Twee, or YouMail, or whatever. Basically anything that you can set to check in the background.
    anyone have this happen recently? I'll get the error even when I'm not trying to open one, happens usually when I have the browser open. Interesting.

It's one of the 1.4 bugs that will hopefully be fixed in the next update. Do a full restart.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    It happens to me from time to time. Usually it means that you've been running and closing programs that eat up memory but don't release it properly. The web browser seems to be especially sloppy in this regard. I usually reset my Pre every morning and clean out my browser cache regularly. I also run the JStop homebrew memory manager which does automatic garbage collection. This helps prevent the Too Many Cards message from appearing too often.
    It happens to me from time to time. Usually it means that you've been running and closing programs that eat up memory but don't release it properly. The web browser seems to be especially sloppy in this regard. I usually reset my Pre every morning and clean out my browser cache regularly. I also run the JStop homebrew memory manager which does automatic garbage collection. This helps prevent the Too Many Cards message from appearing too often.
    I've been noticing this, too. And to clarify, not the regular message when I am trying to do something... but soon after, actually.

I get the TMC error and then I get another one, almost back to back. I wonder if the JsTop auto-collect feature is actually causing that? That there is not enough available memory to make any more memory available? Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I get the TMC error and then I get another one, almost back to back. I wonder if the JsTop auto-collect feature is actually causing that? That there is not enough available memory to make any more memory available? Weird.
    Yeah I've run into situations where Jstop's background garbage collection got caught in one of these. After which it stops firing and needs to be restarted.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the responses, guys. I'll see if a full restart will fix it.
    800MHz...do it!
    same issue on a daily until this patch.
    installed 48 hrs ago and no issues,no "TOO MANY CARDS".
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I've been noticing this, too. And to clarify, not the regular message when I am trying to do something... but soon after, actually.

I've noticed this as well. As a matter of fact it seems to make it worse sometimes. I had this problem yesterday and a full restart was the only thing that fixed it.

Jason has a patch Advanced Launcher Options that has a button called Run Garbage Collectors. I think I will be trying this option more often.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    +1