Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Ok, maybe its because I am having a blonde day, but I can not find any info on the internet about how phone resolutions LOOK

I want to see pictures or something, of the difference between say 480800 and 320 x 480

I know the higher the number, the better.. but I dont really see that. Is there a way to find this out (I am a visual person) without going to the store, as I still dont see the difference.
    Do you mean the displaying of photos you take? I am not sure what you are asking.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Do you mean the displaying of photos you take? I am not sure what you are asking.

Ya the phone display, like the Nexus One is 480 x 800
    The thing you need to be careful about resolution is that the actual screen size can vary, even though the amount of pixels don't. The iPhone and Pre have the same resolution, but the iPhone's screen in 0.4" larger. Look at the EVO and N1 as well. Same resolution, but the EVO's screen is 0.6" bigger.

Is this what you are looking for?
    http://i1.phonearena.com/showimage.p...=65782&v=thumb
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Is this what you are looking for?

No, I guess what I mean is, like if you put a 1080i and a non HD screen next to each other, you can tell the difference ins the way they look..

Is there any way to tell the difference visually?

People say they want a N1 because of the resolution, but I still dont see a difference.
    I believe their talking about picture clarity there was a post on the main page about a day or so ago about a touchscreen and color test between the latest phones I would say look that up that would best describe what your looking for basically the only way I can describe resoluton is if you take a picture that's 640x480 and one that's 320x480 and zoom in the colors and the picture begin to degrade as you expand the picture a higher resolution picture will hold together better but there a few cases like the palm pre where it has an extended dop (depth of field) where even thoug it's at a lower resolution it the picture still comes out crisp and very detailed
    1080p and a regular 852x480 TV screen? Yeah, massive difference there, there's nearly four times the pixels in the HD TV. Difference between small resolution screens like the Pre? Noticable only if you zoom in, but to be perfectly fair, that's not a problem with the screen, that's the resolution of the source material. If there were no difference, pro photographers for mags would all be using 3.2mp PowerShots from six years ago for their Playboy shoots.

I doubt you'll notice a difference at all. Maybe a touch more in the overall sharpness of a higher pixel screen, but to be honest, on the same size screen? I can't tell either.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by javo007 View Post
    describe resolution is if you take a picture that's 640x480 and one that's 320x480 and zoom in the colors and the picture begin to degrade as you expand the picture a higher resolution picture will hold together better but there a few cases like the palm pre where it has an extended dop (depth of field) where even though it's at a lower resolution it the picture still comes out crisp and very detailed
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    I doubt you'll notice a difference at all. Maybe a touch more in the overall sharpness of a higher pixel screen, but to be honest, on the same size screen? I can't tell either.

Ya this is what I am talking about, thank you for the replies..::smile::

Thats why I cant figure out why they would want a phone for the resolution if you really cant tell the difference.

Also I cant figure out why someone would want an android over the pre. Or the Evo over the pre.
    Some people want maximum screen size [sometimes even with lower resolution, so they can see better (i.e. - increased font size)].

Some people want maximum resolution for available screen size.

Some people want maximum pixel density.

It's all a personal preference... but I would most definitely like webOS on EVO hardware. The Pre and Pixi both might even have better form factors for phones... but, personally, I just want like a mini-tablet of sorts... and the EVO hardware provides for me in this respect.