Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I was just listening to a long voicemail on speakerphone, and the screen turned off. The voicemail ended and I had no way to turn the screen back on other than opening the slider. Touching the screen did nothing, the volume keys were disabled, and pressing the power button ended the call. Is this a usability bug, or is something wrong with my phone?
    The screen should dim after x amount of minutes, however you have it set to dim (mine is thirty seconds). If the power button ends the call, you must have the patch installed that does that. There is one in preware that does NOT end speakerphone calls, only regular ones.

In short: normal behavior.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Ah, good call, thanks. I forgot that I had that patch installed. I really hate the screen locking implementation!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Ah, good call, thanks. I forgot that I had that patch installed. I really hate the screen locking implementation!!!!
    They do it to save battery life. If you open the slider and leave it that way, then any button press will unlock the screen. Or you can switch to the 'Power Button Ends Calls Except Speakerphone' patch, which is what I use.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    They do it to save battery life. If you open the slider and leave it that way, then any button press will unlock the screen. Or you can switch to the 'Power Button Ends Calls Except Speakerphone' patch, which is what I use.
    I have no problem with the fact that the screen turns off, it's the way they implemented turning it back on that drives me nuts. I guess I can try the other patch, but the touch screen can be so laggy that I prefer the button. At least I get some tactile response when I push the button.

Thanks again.
    No prob. [though if you're having that laggy of a phone, see if the Repair Utility finds anything to fix]
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    it's occasional lag, which I think is a result of 1.4 more than anything. It's happened on 2 phones through a few Doctors.