Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys i was just to know which is the largest palm pre battery that i can get without adding any bulk. I use the touchstone so any other battery that requires another back is out of the question. I already have the 1350, I've heard of the 1400 but i rather know which is the largest without requiring another back, thanks!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  2. #2  
    This should probably be in the Accessories forum, but the 1400mah is the limit really without adding bulk.
  3. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #3  
    I would also like to know the answer to this question.

    OP, you can mod any back with the touchstone tech. This guy will do it for the price of a spare touchstone: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  4. #4  
    Agree on the 1400mah. I have one Pre running with the 1350 and the other running with the standard OEM. I would have to say that the 1350mah was worth the money. After about 1 week of 5-6 charges on USB, direct and the touchstone, I have not had to swap the battery during the day like I use to do.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 03/28/2010 at 01:44 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    I would also like to know the answer to this question.

    OP, you can mod any back with the touchstone tech. This guy will do it for the price of a spare touchstone: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    thanks for helping but i dont wanna use a 2600....thats way too big...like i said i dont wanna add on bulk...i did hear in another thread that there is a 1725 mah battery...not sure if thats tru?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thanks for helping but i dont wanna use a 2600....thats way too big...like i said i dont wanna add on bulk...i did hear in another thread that there is a 1725 mah battery...not sure if thats tru?
    If you do hear of such a thing again could you let us know?

    Another thing that I find strange. If there were say, a battery that increases the thickness of the phone by 1/4" then why can't the same battery be made "T" shaped (when looking at it from the side) so that it may be spread out over the whole back of the phone and be 1/8" thicker. Or would that cover the phones antenna too much?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    I overclocked my Pre and I couldn't be happier with my choice! It makes my Pre many times faster than before. Scrolling through long lists is no longer a laggy pain, camera takes no more than 4 seconds to start, multitasking is easier. I honestly haven't noticed any difference in battery.,
    there is an extended battery that doesn't add bulk. It's only 1725mah (dont quote me on that though).
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    The extended battery that doesn't add extra bulk is 1400MAh. I have it with my pre overclocked to 800mhz and I couldn't be happier. I still get a full days worth of usage..about 10-12 hours.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ng-800mhz.html
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    If you do hear of such a thing again could you let us know?

    Another thing that I find strange. If there were say, a battery that increases the thickness of the phone by 1/4" then why can't the same battery be made "T" shaped (when looking at it from the side) so that it may be spread out over the whole back of the phone and be 1/8" thicker. Or would that cover the phones antenna too much?
    The reason for that is that there are limits to how you can physically make lithium ion batteries. You can't mould them to any shape.

Posting Permissions