Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Without knowing who to address this to, I have the following request for developers:

A setting (patch?) that simply allows events set in the calendar to "not change times when switching time zones."

The problem I have (I travel for a living) is that the schedules that I set in my calendar at home, which I adjust for the local time where I will be at the time, changes times when I arrive in a new time zone. I am sometimes in 3 tz's in a day and I have employee schedules that run months into the future. I have personally been late for an appointment by an hour due to this and have had employee's early or late for their appointments after they have called me to find out what their schedule is.

Right now, I have to manually turn off both Network time and Network timezone and manually enter the local time to keep my calendar events correct. This is crazy to have to do and I don't have time to keep fiddling with it on a quick turn.

Please, can anyone create a fix for this? I cannot believe that a Palm "business phone" is more a toy than a business asset. Thanks much in advance.
    Can't you just put the entries in the calendar for your "home" tz, and let webOS adjust them for you? Then they'll be right right when you get there (wherever "there" is)? Sounds to me that webOS is actually doing the "right" thing here and being pretty smart about it.
    You might get a better chance at someone making this patch if you post this here
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks, I will post after following the link. Davis- I have 3 employees and 3 aircraft schedules that go out to around 3 months. Tell me this, off the top of your head as if you just received a trip sheet. What times should I set in my calendar for the following (I am CST.):
    3/31 Chicago-LA 2pm-4pm
    3/31 LA-Miami 5pm-12am
    4/1 Miami-Denver 12pm-1pm
    4/1 Denver-LA etc, etc, etc

Okay, without taking out a calculator, "name those times" so they all adjust beautifully for wherever I will be that day. BTW- I gave you easy ones without international destinations.

The Pre SHOULD DO THE WORK FOR ME.
    Try turning off network time under the date and time app.
    Quote Originally Posted by flunkn View Post
    Davis- I have 3 employees and 3 aircraft schedules that go out to around 3 months.
    If you're talking specifically about airplane flights then I would use something like FlightView. I think that does a pretty nice job of adjusting time zones.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Nope, FlightView shows incorrect times when changing tz's as well.