Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Uh I think it does... What other phone can multi-task better than the Pre? Or truly multi-task for that matter?
    Palm just designed the phone with multi-tasking in mind, the idea is marvelous, and for the most part, good enough considering it is a phone, but its web-browser multi-tasking has gotten worse from June 6th, and thats what I do the most on the phone.

My guess is in the end, palm had to free up resources in the web-browser for resources for something else.

In the end I bet the Pre Plus is an improvement, but at this point, with palms webpage refresh "feature" it has implemented to free up resources, it is unacceptable to someone like me that bought the phone primarily because I could load multiple webpages at once. It WAS such a huge time saver. Now I go back to grayed out webpages that refresh, then its a sick cycle where every web-page card from that point has to refresh. That undoes its multi-tasking progress you just made from having a page load in the background.
    actually I have the 800 MHZ patch as well and it has fixed all my previos problems and I can open a crap load of apps and web an no lag so I highly recommend it
    I too install the 800MHz patch and have not looked back. I fact it seems like the phone is loading the app or program before I tell it too. LOL
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    That sounds completely normal, are you kidding me?

If you opened up pandora on a stock phone, then started browsing engadget, your phone would be about twice as slow, open up a couple more programs and scanning a webpage is a slow checkerboard filled experience.
    That's not normal to me at all. I can easily have four or five cards open at a time and have no slowdown at all. This includes streaming Pandora while having the Engadget app open, browsing the web and talking to my friends over AIM. I'm using a Sprint Pre with a couple basic patches installed. Sounds like you have a crap Pre...
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That's not normal to me at all. I can easily have four or five cards open at a time and have no slowdown at all. This includes streaming Pandora while having the Engadget app open, browsing the web and talking to my friends over AIM. I'm using a Sprint Pre with a couple basic patches installed. Sounds like you have a crap Pre...
    I get the slow down with Pandora and anything open. Not half speed as he describes but maybe a quarter (no data to back this assessment). I've had this slow down since the first day of my Pre (Pandora was my first app). Maybe you have a super Pre?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Speeding up the processor is definitely a resolve for the here and now. But in the future, a dual-core/threaded device with a 800MHz or more (per core) processor speed will do wonders for webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by chadking View Post
    actually I have the 800 MHZ patch as well and it has fixed all my previos problems and I can open a crap load of apps and web an no lag so I highly recommend it
    Um, wow...

I am not sure why who or what, but I decided to install the 800mhz patch, if anything just to have knowledge on the subject. And the pre browser is performing like it used to, webpages are loading in the background, they are not automatically refreshing, WOW!

I am seriously impressed/confused, hope it lasts a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    I get the slow down with Pandora and anything open. Not half speed as he describes but maybe a quarter (no data to back this assessment). I've had this slow down since the first day of my Pre (Pandora was my first app). Maybe you have a super Pre?
    I don't know about having a 'super Pre' lol... Honestly, I have never had any issues with any electronic devices that I've owned. It's like I'm immune to bugs and glitches
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Actually, while I would normally agree with you, I do believe there are some issues with 1.4 that can cause the OP's behavior (well, his Pre's behavior, but you know what I mean). Mine gets that way every now and again (at the moment, it's completely patch-free, as well), and needs a reboot. After that, though, it runs quite well.

I'm waiting somewhat impatiently for 1.4.1, because I think Palm's working on some pretty serious fixes. They were soooo close with 1.4, I think, and hopefully 1.4.1 will give us what we (and they) expected. Fingers crossed...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12