Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know about everyone else but after I installed the 720MHz Patch I don't get the "Sorry, Too Many Cards" error as much, almost never. The one time I did I flicked one card closed and everything seemed fine. In fact, I was able to open up twice as many cards after that. Normally I'd have problems with everything acting slow and have to do a Luna reset.

This is a huge difference from before.

Anyone else noticing this?
    yeah i thought that it was just me since i used to get it about four times a day and every time that i did, I just did a simple garbage collect. But since the MHz patch i have not got it at all, and very happy about it too. At first i thought that the 800 patch was going to enhance the to many cards BS since technically it enhances all of the screw ups in 1.4, But it didn't, so I'm a happy camper now.
    Last edited by Menace187; 03/28/2010 at 12:50 AM.
    sam here.. It;s great...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Agreed. I am experiencing the same with the 720 patch. Love it!
    come to think of it, i havent gotten that error yet

let me open up 45 programs and see what happens tho................
    you guys know what that means.... donation time lol
    Simple gaarbage collect? What's that?
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    Simple gaarbage collect? What's that?
    jstop app in preware
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I pointed this out a while ago.
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...z-install.html

I can actually run messaging + sims 3 at the same time with an original Pre!!!
    I have 800 patch.
    Ok I just grabbed it, looks like a memory monitor but what does it do? When I swipe something will it close it, or delete it? Thx for the response Orizzle.
    I have the 800 installed and only got it once and that was when I was opening a game. I used to get it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    Ok I just grabbed it, looks like a memory monitor but what does it do? When I swipe something will it close it, or delete it? Thx for the response Orizzle.
    you need to hit the top left corner where it says jstop and scroll down to garbage collect java script heap
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    There's been speculation that the error can be caused by CPU utilization in addition to/instead of memory constraints.
    Same here. pre is running very smooth.
  15.    #15  
    This is pure speculation but maybe when you close a card under normal circumstances the CPU isn't fast enough to finish all the processes and closes the card but doesn't clear the memory.

I'm not sure but that's the only guess I have as to why a faster CPU would help this problem.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    There's been speculation that the error can be caused by CPU utilization in addition to/instead of memory constraints.
    Sorry, just saw what you wrote and think it was the same guess I made.
    I am running the patch but I still get the error, if you want to duplicate it try this, open a 3D game line N4S, close it and then right away open another one, in my case brothers in arm, I get the error.
    Same here with the 800 patch. Seems to solve several issues. Now darn if it just fixed that darn volume bug, cooked my dinner and fed the Hamster.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    I am running the patch but I still get the error, if you want to duplicate it try this, open a 3D game line N4S, close it and then right away open another one, in my case brothers in arm, I get the error.
    I opened those exact games and I didn't get the error.

Seriously though, "close it and then right away open another one", what do you expect? 3D games use a lot of memory, try waiting a couple seconds before opening another 3D game so the memory will be free again.

Sometimes I think people try to find things to complain about...
    I too can open more apps without seeing that annoying too many cards.... Is this because of 800mhz or because of jstop? I put them on at same time roughly....

and oh yeah, I spread some cash around via donations.... Just do it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast