Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I've occasionally gotten the TMC error in the middle of browsing with the 800 MHz kernel, not when trying to open a new card.

However, I just click OK and the error goes away and I can continue with what I was doing. Strange behavior, but it doesn't hinder anything really.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    3D games take up a lot of memory period. The Sprint Pre just doesn't have enough physical memory to deal with 3D games and other cards. The CPU patch will likely not help too much in this area because it's a physical limitation, although some have claimed less memory issues after the patch.
    what do you mean by sprint pre? are the pres not physically and techniqually (hardware) all the same?

im asking because ive been having memory issues (TMC errors sometimes even with no card open, trying to run NFSU; cards taking a long time to load; launcher scrolling not smoothly; grafical (shorttime) freezes) since i bought the pre (european o2 pre).

so the question is if my pre also "doesn't have enough physical memory to deal with 3D games and other cards". and if so, which phones DO have that, exept for the pre plus?

ive never run webosdoctor before, do you think, that could help fixing memory issues?

thanks for your answers!
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    It's not about clearing memory quicker, it's that we think the clearing process is being ignored by the CPU because it's overwhelmed by too many processes and the bump in CPU speed allows it to deal with it better. If you have another idea of why the patch is helping the "too many cards" issue we'd love other ideas to be shared.
    Well, my theory is that the processor is just so slow that it takes an extra long amount of time to close

Your theory is that it's so "overwhelmed" that it doesn't happen.

Our theories are pretty similar. I guess the only way to figure it out is to overwhelm a Pre with plenty of processes AND give it enough time for a large [3D?] app to close and see if it really does.

But it's gotta be one of them, for sure.
    Uhhh, if you want to get a few extra cards out of the sprint pre just install the browser in low memory patch... My pre went from being able to have 16 apps open to now it can have 20 open.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Donbelievable View Post
    what do you mean by sprint pre? are the pres not physically and techniqually (hardware) all the same?

im asking because ive been having memory issues (TMC errors sometimes even with no card open, trying to run NFSU; cards taking a long time to load; launcher scrolling not smoothly; grafical (shorttime) freezes) since i bought the pre (european o2 pre).

so the question is if my pre also "doesn't have enough physical memory to deal with 3D games and other cards". and if so, which phones DO have that, exept for the pre plus?

ive never run webosdoctor before, do you think, that could help fixing memory issues?

thanks for your answers!
    The original Pre which debuted on Sprint and which is also available on some international carriers, has 256MB of memory. The Pre Plus which debuted on Verizon has 512MB of memory. That doubled memory seems to make a big difference in terms of preventing the "Too Many Cards" error. People with the original Pre like myself have to make due with resetting our devices a lot. I personally reset my Pre every morning and run JStop with automatic garbage collection turned on; this prevents slow downs and TMC errors from happening too often.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234